Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

What new gauges should I get?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm probably gonna get a set of A-pillar gauges. Maybe not right now, but sooner than later. I already have water temp, oil pressure, AEM wideband02, and AEM Tru boost. Should i get a 2- or 3-pod cluster, and what gauges should i get?

· Registered
95 VR-4 Spyder
383 Posts
Have you modified the hell out of your car(or plan to?), or do you just like gauges? If you just like gauges, then all of them, cause you like em. If your modifying to hell....again all of them, cause better safe then sorry right? Also got apicture of your gauge set up? Curious to see where you've put them so far. Assuming 3 in the center or the vent area, and maybe one one steering column?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you modified the hell out of your car(or plan to?), or do you just like gauges? If you just like gauges, then all of them, cause you like em. If your modifying to hell....again all of them, cause better safe then sorry right? Also got apicture of your gauge set up? Curious to see where you've put them so far. Assuming 3 in the center or the vent area, and maybe one one steering column?
I'm not planning on building the balls off of it. Once I'm all said and done with the car, i'm gonna be about 415-440 awhp. I mostly just like how the gauges look. I grew up around planes, so I like having all my numbers in front of me. I'm attaching a picture of my current setup.

· Registered
95 VR-4 Spyder
383 Posts
Looks like you don't wanna deal with taking the dash off to replace the 3 stock centers, can't blame you haha. If you don't mind blocking a bit of the left and right of your Center cluster, I've seen some that add two 52mm gauges to the center cluster shroud. I thought about grabbing one, cause it keeps the 4 stock button placements. But it does block your left and right view a bit on the cluster. Also there's a steering wheel gauge holder I think, that would place it right there in the most obvious and easy to see place. Agreed on Blackstealths boost controller and ECU items though. In fact I love the placement right above the steering wheel with his as well.

My Uncle was in the air force, and worked on planes, so I get you, I loved walking into some of the older cockpits and seeing the loads of gauges around. Necessary? Not at all. But if you like it, and aren't just set on keeping it stock why not. Build it cause you like it, even if someone else doesn't.

I like my gauges to be easy to see though for the important ones, don't wanna take my eye off the road for to long ._. I'm getting old so I need good visibility, on both gauges and the road haha.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like you don't wanna deal with taking the dash off to replace the 3 stock centers, can't blame you haha.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind it that much, it's just a hassle. My tach slowly read lower and lower until it died a while ago, and my stock boost gauge stopped working around the same time. Having the dash off would give me the opportunity to replace these at the same time, should i choose to put new gauges there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts