Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
3,894 Posts
Follow the wires, if they enter the transmission near dipstick tube that’s for solenoids inside transmission. If that’s correct, no wonder your transmission won’t shift. :rolleyes:

If there is 2 pair of wires, 1 with two wires in a black tube and 1 with two wires in a clear tube running to passenger side edge of transmission they are for transmission pulse generators, which if not plugged in can also cause a shift problem.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
3,894 Posts
See thats the issue, I cant find the other side lol. And I have no idea where this plugs into
OK… I’ll ask this with simpler and more direct questions, hopefully to get a detailed answer. Your hand is making it impossible to see wires leaving connector in picture.

1) Does it have 2 wires leaving the connector in one tube and 2 more wires leaving the connector in another tube?

2) Or does it have 4 wires leaving the connector in a single harness?

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
3,894 Posts
Also in #2 post I didn’t ask if you knew where the other side was, I said "Follow the wires", meaning where the wires were going to from the connector you were holding. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
3,894 Posts
Okay so 4 wires come out of it and split into two pairs going into tubes. And it appears that they go under the motor mount, however I cannot feel them under it at all. Also sorry for all the misunderstanding, this is my first car lol.
Ok.... there's no problem with someone working on their fist car, just know that some one on computer can't help if you don't give feedback to statements made or questions ask.

So that is connector for the pulse generators on outside edge of transmission. The outer half might be near or under the relay/fuse box between the engine air filter and passenger side headlight.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
3,894 Posts
Alright. And im assuming that wouldn’t be my shifting issue?
More than likely that is your shifting issue, if you found the other half of connector where I mentioned and plugged the halves together (you didn't say)

However there's one more check, find wires leaving the transmission near dipstick tube (no plug just leave trans from sealed point), follow them up to connector hopefully near transmission/engine mount to make sure they're plugged together there. Reason being those connectors for solenoids and pulse generators can and have been switched by accident (they have same configuration), if swapped trans will stay in limp mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts