Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Follow the wires, if they enter the transmission near dipstick tube that’s for solenoids inside transmission. If that’s correct, no wonder your transmission won’t shift. :rolleyes:
See thats the issue, I cant find the other side lol. And I have no idea where this plugs into

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also in #2 post I didn’t ask if you knew where the other side was, I said "Follow the wires", meaning where the wires were going to from the connector you were holding. :rolleyes:
Okay so 4 wires come out of it and split into two pairs going into tubes. And it appears that they go under the motor mount, however I cannot feel them under it at all. Also sorry for all the misunderstanding, this is my first car lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok.... there's no problem with someone working on their fist car, just know that some one on computer can't help if you don't give feedback to statements made or questions ask.

So that is connector for the pulse generators on outside edge of transmission. The outer half might be near or under the relay/fuse box between the engine air filter and passenger side headlight.
Alright. And im assuming that wouldn’t be my shifting issue?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More than likely that is your shifting issue, if you found the other half of connector where I mentioned and plugged the halves together (you didn't say)

However there's one more check, find wires leaving the transmission near dipstick tube (no plug just leave trans from sealed point), follow them up to connector hopefully near transmission/engine mount to make sure they're plugged together there. Reason being those connectors for solenoids and pulse generators can and have been switched by accident (they have same configuration), if swapped trans will stay in limp mode.
I FOUND IT! It was wedged between the body and the coolant tank lmao. Well that fixed it. Thank you so much for all the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts