Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on replacing the head unit, adding an amp, and replacing front speakers, and adding a sub.

Head unit will most likely be the JVC something 100 (the el Kameleon one), amp will be whatever 4x250 or so (unless anyone has a better suggestion). Front speakers (6.5s right???) will be whatever I can get for < $100, sub will probably be an MTX 10 to start (I have it sitting around from my Camry). Anyone have suggestions for the front speakers and amp???
Also, I was planning on running Ch 1&2 on the amp to the speakers, and bridging 3&4 in mono for the sub...any better ideas or suggestions as to where to mount the amp.
Finally, how hard is it to put in new door speakers, and how would I connect them from the amp...i figured just splice the original factory cables near the head-unit and connect 'em to the amp.

Thanks
~matt

·
Eat strawberries
855 Posts
Yea as far as gettting wires into the door, just tap in behind the head unit. For speakers for the fron door i would suggest teh infinity or polk (both about $99) Go to circuit city they should be able to help you out. Just remember...YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. If you have future plans to upgrade. Save your money and do it righ the first time!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts