Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
A couple of weeks ago I asked whether I should go for VR4 instead of Camaro. You guys convinced me that VR4 is a n excellent car, thank all of you!
Yesterday I test-drove a 1992 Stealth TT. It drives amazing, but has some weaknesses. Dealer says it has an exhaust leak. I didn't see anything, but it's OK if he fix what he found.
One more thing. Then switching to the second gear I feel something like a bump sound. It looks like synchro is not perfect. This happens not all the time, but who knows how it will behave in future. The dealer say that he gives me 1 year warranty and I'll be protected.
The price of the car is 13,000.

What do you think about it?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think its a little steep for a 92,you dont mention milage witch would make a lot of difference,look it up in kellys blue book,If your going to spend that much get one with a good tranny.....be carefull,,Mark

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The exhaust leak is minor, the bump in 2nd could just be notchiness, not really grinding, but the price seems outrageous.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply,
I forgot to give the milage of the car.
It has 60,000 miles on it. No 60K service has been done.

And about the price. I live in Toronto. In Canadian funds it costs 17,000 plus 15% Tax.

Anyone from Canada?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Funny you should mention...I live in Oakville. Dannyboy on the site has a list of Canadians (about 10 so far I think), so you may want to sign up and use that resource. Up here, $17000 cdn isn't bad for a 92. Do a carfax, make sure the mileage is accurate, and ensure the trans is in good shape or well covered in a warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts