Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I'll be logging my car for the first time tomorrow, and there are lots of things you can log! What are the most important in your opinion?

Knock sum is a given, then what?

rpms, air temp, 02 sensor, low, med, high fuel trims??, throttle position? airflow?

any others? any of those not important? i suppose the fuel trims would matter most when tuning the AFC, which I haven't installed yet, but soon!

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
I pay the most attention to:

knock

timing

RPMs

The logger will record everything though. Also, test your injectors. It will turn them off one by one, and they will only stay off for about 2 seconds. One last thing, remember, when you have that Logger plugged in to your car, you will loose your ABS. So just be a little careful. Post your reading after.

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
Sean Johnson said:
I pay the most attention to:

knock

timing

RPMs

The logger will record everything though. Also, test your injectors. It will turn them off one by one, and they will only stay off for about 2 seconds. One last thing, remember, when you have that Logger plugged in to your car, you will loose your ABS. So just be a little careful. Post your reading after.
Start car first, then plug in logger (or do teh Dipswitch on dash mod...NO more plugging and unplugging) Then the ABS light will not light up which means it is not in Diagnostic mode. All is good.

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
Imp Pwr Online

How do you like MD so far? Oh, and when are ya going to get VR4-Chick a 3000 ;)

My log: After close inspection, 7 minutes into my logging after a 15 minute run, I noticed a knock count of 3 at 2,800 rpms. The timing was a steady 33 degrees. I was running on 93 octane. Is that something to be concerned about?

The logging is pretty new to me as well. Thanks!

Sean

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
MD is great, being back with family is great. VR4chick would love a 3k......Don't need another money pit right now...She would settle for a CRX!

3 knock sums is fine. Anything near 10 is bad sustained and over ten at all can be bad. High teens..Forgetabout it....20's....OUCH

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
what benefit is there to disabling the injectors one-by-one?

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
Thanks!

The 3 knock sum lasted less than 1 second. I didn't think it was bad. My boost is set at 17 psi, and I'm hitting the track this weekend, so I wanted to just make sure.

$$$ Pit, I hear ya. Other than me needing new turbos, and wrecking Melissa's car, they've been running strong. Hope it stays that way for a while, *knocks on wood*

Glad you're enjoying MD. I went back up there about 2 yrs ago, and DAMN, that place has changed. Well, good luck and thanks for the help...

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
billvp said:
The logger disables the injectors for a second while it's test them. If I had a clogged injector, I sure would like to know which one it is before going through the work of taking out the back ones if it happens to be in the front. ;)

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
billvp said:
if you let the car idle, then one by one disabole each injector seperately, and the car changes idle because the injector was turned off for 2 seconds all is good. If you get to an injector and there is NO change when turned off there may be an issue with that injector.

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool thanks

cool, thanks a lot guys, I'll try that stuff this morning, I'll post logs after today if I can figure out how. Will I have to resize them or anything or will they just attach? Alright, I'm off to my car to plug her in and make a run. I'll be back this afternoon to post a log. Hey Chris, good to hear you're enjoying MD. And if you get VR4Chick that VR-4 make sure she doesn't make it faster than yours!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts