Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone had any experience with third generation rx7s? i am going to look at a '93 with 77K miles and wonder what everyone knows. i started looking around to see what they are going for and seemed to run across a lot that have been rebuilt at around 50K. i know it all depends on how they're driven (and i know this is the wrong board). don't worry, i still love my vr4 more!

bunk '93 vr4

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
93 and up are very nice cars!!! I'd like to get one too...but the rotary engine is fast but to fragile (read the latest turbo mag or sport compact mag with the red rx7 with strips on the cover) that asshole claimed to be a stealth TT owner...and said that our cars were unstable cuz of the AWS..and too heavy and not fast due to the AWD....I want to know where he lives so I can kick his ass...but being that it's xmas and knowing that he knows nothing about turbo cars (read the article)...I'll let it go this time...but he better watch out

G

·
They are nice, but if you get the turbo, be prepared to replace the engine....ALOT!!!! I have seen numerous RX7's w/ 25-50k miles with new engines already in them, some w/ a second or third engine. The rotory engine just doesn't last. That's why I bought a VR4. I looked at several Rx7's at the same time and multiple engine replacements were seen. But then again, may be cheaper to replace their engine then our tranny. Just what I have seen, some may last awhile, but I have not seen any. Non turbos seem to last a bit longer. But I would hope there are some who's engines went a long time, I just haven't seen them. Good luck!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
93 and up turbos, nice looking very fast but small. Fast and Small is not what I want can't be seen very easily and being that quick not good life expendency. Maybe that is why we don't see very many of them around now.

My 2 cents anyway.

Dave Best
3Si #62

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I love the look of them, but sorry, too finnicky and rare. Not worth the potential headache to me, as a used car. Brand new with warranty, maybe! A bit small for my taste too.

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
The RX-7 is a great Car. My cousin had one, and that thing was fast! It is the only car under 300HP (Stock on Stock) that can beat a VR-4 in a QM(barely). That thing is Quick. (I don't think they made nonturbos after 93).

Good points.
Sleak Exterior
Quick
Responsive
Stiff Suspension, corners like a monster!
Great Bose Stereo
Nice interior

Bad
STIFF! STIFF! Suspension,
Wheels are small and don't have potential of getting much bigger.
Very LOW(Practically had to Lay Down to get in)
Trunk is conumed by Bose Subwoofer(Touring Version)
Small, very small car
2 seater, so you can only put one lady in the car.
Unreliable rotary engine

I like the 3K Better! But if there were no 3Ks, next would be the RX-7, then Supras, then 300Z

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

G

·
Bad-ass cars! I Love 'em. Low, rare, sleek, fast, and beautiful. But, yep, they're right. The engines go out on them. In the early years, I heard it was the seals. It's common to see an RX-7 on at least it's 2nd engine. If it weren't for that, I think I might even have one. And no, there are no non-turbos in the last generation.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I agree the RX-7 is nice...and rare. We have only 2TT (haven't seen any non-turbo) that I have seen in Westlake, OH. I don't know that I like the exterior over the new 3000GT though. If you added some ground effects to it (without going overboard) it may be sleeker. It looks too much like the new Miata, or vice versa. The other car which I never see is the Supra. Those are also nice cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.