Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, i went out looking to find a 3000GT VR-4, and like a friggin miracle, i FOUND ONE! the first day i go to look for one, i find one...its great. its a 1992, VR4, wit 100,000 miles, $7500

what do you think? It needs front brake rotors, and pads, but the guy said that is covered. Also, the leather seats need to be redone - worn, and currently have stupid like sheep skin covers on them...WHAT DO YOU THINK? Good buy? I haven't driven it yet, we are supposed to go back either tomorrow or monday.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Be carefull...

Just remember while looking to purchase a VR4.. exp. one with that many miles... these cars can very easily turn into money pits.. what looks like 7,500 can easliy turn into 10k... When you go back tomarrow.. I would pay close attention to some following details...

1. Try to find out if the 60k service was done.. if you cant determine that.. have the owner drive it the dealership before you buy it and have a new timming belt put on..

2. Feel the transmission... any abormal feelings or shifter falling out of gear.. grinding while the car is still cold going into gears.. be carefull.. these transmissions are expensive...

3. Check for general items... car isnt blowing out white smoke.. etc..

4. would advise taking it to a mitsudealership and having there head technician look over the car.. and just go talk with him and explain if he could look the car over almost twice.. etc..

5. Price isnt to bad.. could always be lower :D There great cars.. im on my 2nd one... once ya get attached to a vr4, or a TT seems like you cant let go..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!

Hey thanks man, I'll be sure to take those points into consideration....But also, I just found the SAME exact car at another used dealership tonight, of course they were closed so I couldn't talk to the guy, but we had a flashlight, and the odo was readin 91,000 i believe, asking $10,000...it seemed to be in MINT cond, and i shit you not...the leather was like perf, and no scratches either, so I will probably go look at that in the daylight tomorrow, and peep it out, lemme know what you think, lata

greg

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Might want to consider...

you can get great deals in other states.. Ive seen 94 TT stealths going for 9k with 60k miles on them... it might be worth the drive or plane ticket.. I can give you some states by me... also you dont have to worry about rust on these cars... I am not sure where you are from but..

Oregon... 97068 <- West Linn
California 93010 <- Camarillo
Arizona 85254 <- Scottsdale

Just try using Autotrader.... searching around.. im sure for 10,000 you can find a nice 94 twin turbo somewhere...

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Also...

Cosmetic items are good.. but I would go with the vr4 with 100k if it was mechanically in better condition... but tell me how this other car is..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
other VR4

The other one I went to go look at was decent, not as good as I thought it was...the leather was a little beat up, but nothing compared to what the 100k+ one is like. Seems to be in good cond, i didn't talk to anyone about it b/c it was a sunday - still haven't gone back to the 100k one because i've had work, etc..etc.., bullshit to do, i need to sell my car i have now first, which is a '94 Chevy Corsica w/ 87k...looking for about $2900...after I sell this car, then I can go drive the 100k car and bring ito the mitsu dealer to have it checked out...hope nothing else is wrong,i guess they must have fixed the brakes b/c it wasn't there the other night when i went to go look at it...i think it was in the garage - but i couldn't tell....what do u think? im hoping to go take pics of it soon, probably at night and post them on here to ese what you guys think - hopefully, aiight, im out

lata

-also, i called the insurance company today, and they quoted me with 1100 liability, and $3000 full coverage, is that good? Normal? I'm probably jsut gonna get liability, what do yuo think? peace

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
ouch! on that insurance, i pay 960$ per year for full coverage on my 97 vr-4, i am 22 and married (getting married knocked off 600$), no tickets and one accident.
that is in maryland.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I know this is a little off topic, but if you're looking for a VR-4, im selling mine.,,1993 VR-4 Sandstone Grey with 67k miles, 60k service done, interior perfect, exterior perfect (few parking lot dings size smaller than dime) no accidents, lo jack, all factory options, etc. Let me know by email [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$960!?!

Ya well, I'm 16, so that gives me an extra $1000 right there, maybe i should get married and knock off that $600...nah - id rahter have a car :D too bad it sucks to be a teen driver huh? how do they expect us to have any fun?!:confused:

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
yeah i could imagine, 16 yrs old + vr-4 = high dollar insurance, man i wish i had a vr-4 @ 16....well on second thought i may not have survived that combo!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts