Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,723 Posts
Clutch booster vacuum hard line. Not really needed. There's a delete where you get rid of all that and reroute lines so you still have vac assist while driving.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,723 Posts
Clutch booster vacuum hard line. Not really needed. There's a delete where you get rid of all that and reroute lines so you still have vac assist while driving.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
As others have said, that's the hardline for the clutch vacuum assist reservoir which keeps the clutch easy to press in when they car is off. The system is needlessly complicated by design. It comes off the driver's side of the plenum with a hose with a check valve, into a hard line that T's off to go the clutch booster and to the reservoir. Towards the reservoir it then goes hardline-hose-hardline-hose. This part of the line goes from off the firewall near the throttle body down under the air filter to hose and another hard line. If you want to delete the clutch vacuum reservoir completely there are tons of guides around to do it. If you don't want to go through that hassle you can go get some 3/8 hose(I think, don't quote me on the size) and just remove that single hard line. Replacing that hard line with hose won't affect the functionality of the reservoir at all, and will make getting the battery in and out easier.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I delete the vac assist period. I hate how it numbs the pedal feel. It makes the car easier to launch without it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts