Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my CD chnager is on the fritz and i want to replace but i am not sure where to get a direct replacement for a decent amount. I was wondering also are there any other changers that can be used instead. I dont want to go to the mitsu dealer because i know they will want me to bend over for a cd changer. If anyone can provide any insight or a working CD changer that would be great.

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
I have a mitsubishi 6 disc from a 93 stealth that I wrecked about a month and a half ago. I got another stealth, but it had the tape and cd player in the front, but it's not in great condition (always skips and display is all jacked up). So I swapped the decks out, even though there was snow on it, and I guess it was enough to make it not work anymore. Well, I switched the decks back, and am now enjoying my cds skipping everytime I hit the brakes, and have a cd changer on my dresser with nothing to work with it. I also spent about 45 minutes taking out the wire harness, but you probably already have one. I never had any problems with the changer, and I have the brackets and carpet cover (grey), and I had a 12" speaker almost right on top of it, and it never skipped. I was trying to get rid of it on here awhile back, but I was about to leave for bootcamp, so I didn't go through with it. But now I'm not leaving till Jan 19, and that might be enough time to still sell it. I live in Denver, but you're probably not near here, so I could arrange to have it shipped if you want it. Email me at [email protected] if you want to get a hold of me, Or just put another post on here.
talk to you later.

Jason

·
Registered
321 Posts
This is just a guess and I hope it helps. I found out that the magazines for an old Pioneer home CD changer (PD M40) fit my factory CD changer in my 95 RT TT. I don't know if a Pioneer CD changer will work with the factory head unit or not, but I thought I'd let you know that the magazines fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts