Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. now a topic I know about!
I have a 1992 Stealth R/T.. I cut out the right side of the bumper ad installed dual exhaust. I have one 2 chamber Flowmaster and 1 single Chamber Flowmaster and mine sounds real good. I Have a 3" Hi flow cat in the middle and I removed the resonator. I have a K&N up front. In the NA cars I placed the uffler for the right side in the place for the AWD. There is plenty of room.. I also have ENSA resonated dual 3" tips on each side. Hope this helps..

LineNoiz
Jeremiah Jackson
3Si #229

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Forget a muffler. Take your muffler out and use the dual tip resonator. It only cost around $20+ each but they look great and sound even better. I replaced both sides of my exhaust with these and eliminated my muffler. It is not loud at all but it sounds like a healthy stong engine now, not like a 4 cyl. I promise you wont be disapointed. The resonator is like a little mufler that is built into body of the dual tip setup. The whole thing is only around 9" long and looks stock. Don't worry you won't sound like one of these kids in their Honda's. It just sounds strong.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have a Flowmaster, but I don't know if it's a 2 or 3 chamber. But it's a little quiet. So, I took the resonator in the middle of the car off just to make it purr. But I still want it a little louder. Is there a way for me to find out if my muffler is a 40 or 50 series(2 or 3 chamber)?Any experiences with other brands? My car is a 96 DOHC 3KGT.

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
Try the Borla XR1 race mufflers, I think they sound pretty good. You can always get rid of the precats and/or the main cat and the car will get louder with any muffler................Corey

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have the Borla Cat back system and they use Xr-1 mufflers. I love the way it sounds. and I don't even have my precats gutted (atleast for now)

Raja
94 Vr4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts