Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who ever designed this things did not ever plan on them cracking. Has anyone found a way to keep them from cracking?

H

·
0 Posts
I think those sensors are for the climate control....and yup bad choice of material!

Phil

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have asked this in the past and no one responded... does anyone know of aftermarket replacement vent covers? I had heard of some metal ones that replace the plastic ones... if I am going to rip out the whole dash... I at least want to do it with a good solution in mind! Thanks.

BKnight
'92 Stealth R/T TT

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BKnight, are you talking about the same thing i am? We are talking about the two long plastic pieces next to the windshield correct?

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah mine have been cracked for quite some time... visual annoyance in such a clean car... I would like to get that fixed and the only solution I could think of was find a 3000/stealth in a junkyard...

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
I talked to the parts dept. at the dealer, and the guy said that when the replace them, they notice that the screws holding them on at the ends are really tight. When he puts the new ones back on, he leaves the screws at the end a litle loose. he said this will solve the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts