Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title says more bad news with my 92 stealth. I finally got my timing stuff done and water pump etc and I got the car back home and starting to tune it. Car hasn't been driven much other then maybe 10 miles around the the lake I live near. So I decided to take the car to get food the other day and it sounded like the whole motor and trans wanted to fall out of the car. WTF is going on I pulled over and didn't see anything wrong so I put it in gear and everything was fine. Fast forward I started the car and to make my trip around the lake and it did it again and I noticed it was worse. Ok now I'm worried. So I take it to the little shop 3 miles away and it drove fine up until I had to stop at a light. I let off the clutch to make the turn and now its really bad. It clunked and made all kinda fucked up noises and I knew this was fatal. To make a long story short took out my t case. I have been wanting to do this being it was next on the list to do and going to the shop where it is at now to get this done it didn't make it.

I saw there was a recall on the t case so I called the dealership thats next door to the shop and its already been done in 2006. Fuck oh well So I have to use my spare t case and wasted 100 dollars worth of oil (well at least a qt of it for the t case) that is totally shit. Do any of you know where to find rebuild stuff for the t case? I know Revenge and 3sx sells stuff but I want to replace the gears, bearing, seals etc. I know both Revenge and 3sx sells everything but the gears. So where do I get a new gear from?

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
459 Posts
Revenge would be a really good start.... to find parts and rebuild your Tcase for ya .... (contact them)
Other then gears .... might have to try to find a good used T case for donar parts
I would guess your 5 speed 18spline
depends really on what your trying to do ....
But if anything do 300m shafts in it would be my suggestion

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think 300m shafts are really necessary for a car that is basically daily driven with no boost being it isn't tuned. Even when it is tuned the car really wont make that much power Idk. Thanks for the reaponce. I will call revenge later today and see what they say.

Reactions: Chang oil

·
Registered
97 Posts
Agreed R'VENGE PERFORMANCE is the place to start. You should also check out the website before you call to familarize yourself with the options, and what is included in their rebuild service. They have listed an 18 spline small bearing T-case rebuilt and ready to ship without a core, their price reflects that. They also have a service to press out your old spool (40 ton press) for a nomimal fee if you want to source the rest of the parts and rebuild yourself. hope this helps. halo

·
Premium Member
1994 3000GT VR4
1,077 Posts
The TC may have blown the VCU as well in the transmission. It'd be good to drain trans oil and see if it has black goo that leaked (viscous coupling fluid). Rvenge will be able to better advise as well.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I was worried when I brought the t case into the shop I didn't know if i had a 18 or 25 spline on the car and thankfully it was a 25. Tranny fluid was pretty dark but thats to be expected being it looks like it never had been changed. They drove it around town said it shifted really nicely and is ready to go so I will pick it up tomorrow. I guess I will have to take the t case apart and see what kinda damage is there and see if it can be fixed.

17,729 Posts
You don't get new gears for a t-case anywhere. We can help with anything else, including full rebuilds for affordable prices.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You don't get new gears for a t-case anywhere. We can help with anything else, including full rebuilds for affordable prices.
Thanks for the reply Chris. I was going to try to give you a call here sometime when I get a free min. I know there was more metal in the t case then fluid. I know I had to use my dads t case to get mine back on the road, so I am sure I will get it out to you some time in the future. I am just afraid of sending it to you and have you say yeah its beyond repair. I don't wanna waste anyones time ya know. This is mainly a daily driver not so much a high hp car. So we will see what happens when i get it back and how bad it is.

17,729 Posts
We will inspect them for free and do have good cores here, so no worries really. You'd have to buy a core, but considering they come with a new spool its pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah that may be a good idea. I mean my buddy who has a stock pile of 3s cars who we get all our oem parts from, he sells his t cases for what you sell yours for rebuilt lol. So that a no brainer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts