Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the inconsiderate prick that has been opening his door up into my car for the past year finally out did himself this time.. upon parking his vehicle this morning, apparently he smacked into my car in the process..

the damage isnt too bad, but definitely warrants a new door panel, but the real problem is that the drivers side door wont open, since it hits the fender...

ill post some pictures tommorrow.. he said that he would pay for the damage after i got an estimate, but i dont think he realizes how much its really going to cost to fix.. i can already foreshadow this turning into a major issue with this guy..

this sucks.. too bad i cant just photoshop on a new door panel and fender.

- eddie -

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
That sux man....hope you can get everything worked out with the idiot who hit you.

Good Luck

Chris

·
Registered
727 Posts
most likely thinks it will be like 50 bucks :) too bad it will need the panel removed or replaced and repainted less im mistaken. Then again i got no clue since no pics

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Just get his Insurance info and go ahead and file a police report....this way if he trys to back out you have evidence he did this. Just play it safe...and be sorta happy....no more door dings.

-Jeff

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Darktrail said:
Just get his Insurance info and go ahead and file a police report....this way if he trys to back out you have evidence he did this. Just play it safe...and be sorta happy....no more door dings.

-Jeff
Yes, file the police report NOW! You can still do it a few days after the 'incident'. Just do it now and get it documented. TRUST ME on this one. I don't care how nice someone is. Hell, it could be my best friend and I would still do a report.

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
Exacly what Ruiner said - Get a police report before you even move the car. It'll save you a ton of grief.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Glad im not yogs friend either! so there...err...sigh tired and hungry...walk to the fridge? or leap on bed..decisions...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here are pics of the damage. anyone want to guess how much its gonna cost to fix? who ever comes closest gets a free photoshop mod. :)

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
That would be approximately 1400 dollars damage.

-Jeff

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Damn! I'm sorry to hear that eddie...that loser...

I woudl file the police report and get his insurance info just in case he tries to back out. At least it should help you from getting door dings and it'll be all smooth and shiny from now on!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Darktrail said:
-Jeff
In California if there are no apparent injuries and the accident is on private property the police will not respond. Believe me I've been there and done that. Whether they will file something if you bring them the info I'm not sure, but I don't think they will in that situation either. They'll just tell you if it's over $500 to report it to the DMV.

Damn that guy must have been drunk to scrape your car for that length without stopping. Good luck bud. :)

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
About 3 or 4 years ago, my next door neighbor in the apartment complex I was living in, hit the drivers side door of my Stealth. I took it to the body shop, and they replaced the door skin and blended the paint. If I remember correctly, the total was around $635.00

Chris

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
I was hit in a parking lot and went to the police station picked up a police report sheet. Filled it out and turned it in. They will file it but they wont do anything about it. This way things will be on paper and on record if he trys to say "Umm...What are you talking about..I didnt hit your car"

-jeff

·
2,248 Posts
New sideskirt and outter door panel (don't settle for bondo!). My guess is ~$1,000.

No matter what... even if this guy is your own father... be ABSOLUTELY SURE that you file a police report! If you don't, you're gonna be shelling that ~$1,000 out of your own pocket. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts