Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well neato!!! i hate my freind!!! guess what he got to drive in....EVO....SUPER COOLL

well the mitshi rally team was down here in palm springs, these past couple of days, my freind was out car shoping and he saw them and talked to some of the drivers.... they had a few EVO's (rallied out) and a few stock j-spec evos... they also had some rally montero's..... well he was chit chattin with a few dealers and drivers, and some excutives....

they went for a drive in the stock evo...... he said that the BOV is a long PHHHSSSSS sound, and that people were giving them the funnniest looks! hmmm right hand drive hmm WTF is that....

well some of the excuitves were saying that the A-spec is gonna come with 10-15 more HP for around 28-30k......

its gonna come out a year from this monnth.......

·
Registered
858 Posts
EVO's are really Badass....I personally like VI's...I drove a 99 LHD converted one in Dubai last summer (had only 5300kms on it :eek: )..and absolutely had to have it. SO persuaded the owner, who was fiddling around with the idea of selling it, to sell it :D

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
so is that it raja? you sold the vr4 for an evo?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Wow...I hope interest rates stay so low!!!! I gotta have one! I've only got $800 in the bank, though. :( Well, I've got a year to save for it, right? If you send me donations, I'll give you the car for a day.... (in excess of $50).;)

·
2,248 Posts
THREAD TITLE

EVOs are awesome cars... gotta appreciate their power and potential... but are the expletives in the title really necessary?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Deathsled said:
so is that it raja? you sold the vr4 for an evo?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I sold it before I even went back to Dubai for Summer. The main reason *and the only i believe* I sold it was because the engine had some problems with it. And the local mechanics didn't know jack $hit about it. I live in Kansas you know :p . Wish I was near GT-Pro so I could still have my baby. So I sold it to someone who had 3 3/S..and at the same time :eek:

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
Sceptor said:
any idea how much they are gonna run?
Around $30k. That question was already answered above.

·
Registered
557 Posts
sign me up,who do i give my down payment?........thats outstanding news coming from execs that it is coming to the u.s:D I know for a while it was in limbo.

·
Registered
173 Posts
hi Raja:

i was in Pittsburg Kansas for two years.
those local mechanics sux, they ain't know nothing about our 3Ss. once i sent my car to a shop for replacing the clutch(burn it). they called me and ask if i got a shop manual so that they can put the new one back.
what can i say....:(

Daniel

·
Registered
858 Posts
Re: hi Raja:

slow_vr4 said:
i was in Pittsburg Kansas for two years.
those local mechanics sux, they ain't know nothing about our 3Ss. once i sent my car to a shop for replacing the clutch(burn it). they called me and ask if i got a shop manual so that they can put the new one back.
what can i say....:(

Daniel
Really?..I used to go to PSU back in 1995..just attended PSU for a year and then transferred to KU. But I might go back there for their Automotive tech course. The New Tech Center is awesome there and have classes on how to build drag racing cars and they work on Dynos and a sweet setup over all .:D

Did you got to PSU? If yes then When and what did u major in?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: hi Raja:

Raja said:

Really?..I used to go to PSU back in 1995..just attended PSU for a year and then transferred to KU. But I might go back there for their Automotive tech course. The New Tech Center is awesome there and have classes on how to build drag racing cars and they work on Dynos and a sweet setup over all .:D

Did you got to PSU? If yes then When and what did u major in?
yah i hae a crap shit..errr opps i mean truck load of pamplets from there, from when i was in the good ol auto class in high school, one of the represenatives was there, the got a bucnh of stuff to teach u there, everything from body work to buidling and machining a high powerd engine....... if i wanted to be a mechanic i would go there to study!!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I took a class which involved disammebly and assembly and checking of engine parts while I was at PSU. I already graduated and am done with my ME, but when I checked out PSU's new Tech Center and took a tour I had to enroll in the Automotive Tech classes :). Seems like fun, but I would be concentrating on their "Heavy machinery and Diesel Equipment" branch. But will definately take other classes on the side as I plan on opening up a Performance shop sometime :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
no offence but would the objective be making a bigger engine when making a fast car haha. Not moving down to a 4 banger

·
Registered
858 Posts
94Green3000gt said:
no offence but would the objective be making a bigger engine when making a fast car haha. Not moving down to a 4 banger
I am sorry I didn't quite get that. Are you trying to say that inorder to have a fast car it should have a bigger engine?. But you see Horse Power = faster car but that does NOT mean Quicker. For making it quick you need to put down that HP to the ground and EVO's with their rally inspired AWD system does that beautifully.

Anyone please feel free to correct/educate me about this if I am wrong.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts