Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Never enough BOOST!
411 Posts
curious to know: once this ALUMINUM RACE INTAKE MANIFOLD is installed; Can we 3/S owners access the rear 3 spark plugs without removing the aluminum race intake manifold? In other words, does this aluminum race manifold sit high enough where we can easily access the rear bank of plugs? hell, i'm willing to get an aftermarket hood that accommodates the clearance issue if necessary.

thanks in advance.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
i think one should worry about performance before ease of plug replacement. I mean, you can do all 6 plugs in 30 minutes the way it sits anyway.

·
Never enough BOOST!
411 Posts
i think one should worry about performance before ease of plug replacement. I mean, you can do all 6 plugs in 30 minutes the way it sits anyway.
you are absolutely correct.

but I'm still curious. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
It takes all of 45 minutes tops to change the rear spark plugs. Even easier than the ole' Camaro. Did anyone ever get one of these? Curious about numbers, how aftermarket throttle bodies are intergrated, and build.

·
I have an ego problem
2,616 Posts
this is just a very stupid design, and a obviously a dead beat vender...but ekool still gets there check for sponsership reguardless if they provide or just talk shit......nice forum with misleading venders...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Everybody should stop beating on a dead horse!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
O.k. whats up with this vendor? do they exist? has anyone recieved any replies or bought one of these yet?

·
Registered
355 Posts
If they paid me to try one I might bolt their shoebox looking piece of shit on and give it a try, although I'm only interested in using a large commonly available TB.

SO, what about cutting the flange off a STOCK manifold, and welding on a new flange that will accept a large common TB ?

One more concern, though, is how the TPS from a Fuckedup-ole-rebuilt-Dodge's Throttle body (or others) will work on our cars?

·
Banned
3,240 Posts
If they paid me to try one I might bolt their shoebox looking piece of shit on and give it a try, although I'm only interested in using a large commonly available TB.

SO, what about cutting the flange off a STOCK manifold, and welding on a new flange that will accept a large common TB ?

One more concern, though, is how the TPS from a Fuckedup-ole-rebuilt-Dodge's Throttle body (or others) will work on our cars?
90mm q45 throttle bodys ( IF HARDWIRED ,,,only 3 wires) will work on the 3s,,,just a little info

·
Registered
403 Posts
I received an email from FF Dynamics. They sent one to 3sx and let them test it on the dyno. Here are some of the results that were in my email

Thanks for the info. So far so good. We pressure tested the plenum
yesterday before we put it on the car and it held 40PSI without breaking.
Today we put it on and dyno'd it. Here are the results:

18psi
picked up about 25AWHP and 44FTLBS TQ

20psi
picked up about 50AWHP

30psi
picked up only about 5AWHP

These numbers are off the top of my head. I will have to send you the real
data on Monday. Basically we saw very nice gains on this car at lower boost
levels. At higher boost levels we didn't see much at all. Much different
outcome than I expected.

There were all on our race car with a 75mm throttle body. Next stop is to
test it out on cars in the 400-500AWHP range.

Thanks again for everything

Matt

·
Advanced Tech?
5,512 Posts
curious for more information. maybe you should prod them more and make a post in general? but it seems like something else is choking out the engine at 30psi, and until that other bottleneck is opened up, the plenum can't really shine.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
Could be the non use of adjustable cam gears.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
This plenum was used on the new 3S record dyno pull of 985 uncorrected AWHP
http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=395693

I think more impressive than the peak power is the powerband we have been able to tune 900+ WHP from 6400 RPM thru end of run of 8700 RPM. It's definitely not a peaky Dyno queen tune for MAX peak power.

We have run more than 40psi on some pulls at the track and dyno and it has not blown it's seams like others on the market have. It's a solid manifold.

We are using a BBK 75mm Mustang TB with it.

·
Advanced Tech?
5,512 Posts
email i recieved...

No core is required as these do not use anything from the factory manifold. The runners may look the same, but they are completely new castings. Everything on this manifold is made from scratch. Sorry, but we do not have pictures of under the plenum installed, but I can tell you it's built for ample room of the outlet pipes. It looks close to the head, but it's farther off the rear of the head then factory plenum. I can email one of my dealers and see if he has any shots of under the plenum he can send me. Reworking the plenum with shorter runners would change the dynamics of the plenum greatly. It's not as easy as cutting the runners shorter, the entire plenum would have to be redesigned. As far as stock, we always keep 10 built instock for single order buyers, wholesale orders is where there will be a delay in build time. Thanks.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts