Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
That's a GREAT price. If you can post some numbers these will sell like hotcakes. Oval would be preferable but you can't beat what we'd be getting at that price. WELCOME!

·
ispro3000gt
719 Posts
in it for the numbers also. i'd love to see some. at least some butt dyno results regarding spool and top end

·
I bet you didn't know!
1,944 Posts
i agree with the oval surge tank over the square one, but im in for numbers or figures of some sort.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
ANything is possible, but, has the thought that creating shorter runners obviously has a large effect on performance???? Honestly, takes a whole 20mins to take off the plenium to check your rear plugs.....
YES you do lose torque, but you also gain HP at the top..

Still interested if one could be made...

·
I have an ego problem
2,616 Posts
YES you do lose torque, but you also gain HP at the top..
Torque gets you down the 1/4, hp just gives ya braggin rights.....:D

that 20 minutes can get pretty annoying when you need to check your plugs after every run down the strip, don't ya think?
Then you my fellow 3si member need to either learn how to better tune your car, or find a better tuner...

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
if you have to change plugs after every roun you must be running a top fuel nitro car....or cant tune worth a damn.

what suprises me is everyone making an intake is hung up on modeling after the stock intake. why not make something with another design. go look at the 2.5 contour intake for another option.

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Looks like SuperMacs to me, its only been for sale for what about a year now?

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Ok, I take that back it doesn't look like supermacs. But it is still the same one that has been on ebay forever.

·
soo...HOT...
1,625 Posts
doesn't look too aerodynamic in there...looks like there will be a lot of air pushing back once they hit the square walls?? would feel safer buying it if i saw the walls lead into the tubes better

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
Nobody ever dynos these plenums. It shouldn't be that hard to do. Seems like at least an hour or two on the dyno would be part of the R&D and damn, it would be a good selling point should some real numbers come out on these things.

·
By the power of Grayskull
2,769 Posts
what a piss poor vendor

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
velocity stacks on the runner to surge tanks openings?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Especially guys running 25 to 35psi, there is no way I would get that intake with out some #'s, and tests at high psi. I agree the dyno should be a big part in testing. Any one who can weld alum. could eye out the tank weld there own for way cheeper if there is no testing involved!

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
i offered to trade a 4" exhaust system for one and go dyno it.
what a surprise noone got back to me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
How do you stay a 3SI vendor with no email replys? Or responding to this thread? I'm sick of seeing there ad on the top of the pages!:mad:

21 - 40 of 71 Posts