Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
2 of 3 in the US!
2,431 Posts
Nice! have they been pressure tested? Track tested? HP on the vehicle it was tested on all the info helps. but pretty damn good price for us! Looks great!

·
Crimson Spartan
376 Posts
I refuse to believe that is the only product you carry. Is this just a teaser? Will we see many more custom items in the future? Very nice item thus far.

·
DFW Clutch Hydraulic Prof
2,032 Posts
I'm sure a lot of the single turbo members here would like to see the exact same manifold with the throttle body opening on the opposite side. You may have a good-sized market there as well.

Not to mention, numbers would help tremendously.

-Brian

·
Norcal3S.com
4,596 Posts
This is deifnitely something I would consider buying in the near future, however some dyno-proven results would really open up my wallet.

What else can they make? How about suspension components like tubular control arms, subframes, etc etc.

·
The Toy Maker
570 Posts
like everybody, i would like to see some numbers. i was also wondering how many people have tested this product? This will sell well if you answer some questions.

rico

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
who?????

oh...id like to see durability testing. it is widely known that square welded plenums crack from repeated flexing under pressure.

take a look at the original magnus, venom, skunk2, and whoever else...the early 1s are sqyare/rectangle....the new 1s are oval or round. know why? i do...ive seen first hand on a few cars what happens.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
who?????

oh...id like to see durability testing. it is widely known that square welded plenums crack from repeated flexing under pressure.

take a look at the original magnus, venom, skunk2, and whoever else...the early 1s are sqyare/rectangle....the new 1s are oval or round. know why? i do...ive seen first hand on a few cars what happens.
:stupid:

I agree make the tank oval shape. Also have an option for Driver's side TB and you will have all the single guys ALL OVER THIS!

Luy

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
wow that is a great price! I think the only AM intakes i have seen thus far were well over a grand. If these put down decent numbers I have a feeling you wont be able to keep them on the shelf at that price.
Matt
That's because AAM made the entire thing. This is just a stock intake with a bigger surge tank welded on.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Very nice looking, I'm interested for sure.

This DOES clear the stock hood (1st gen, specifically), right? I would have to assume so, but since you didn't specify anywhere, then better safe than sorry I suppose....

·
Row faster!
662 Posts
I would be interested to see how well this performed. However, shouldn't it start tapering at the first runner and end closer to the last runner to keep the air velocity up?

·
I have an ego problem
2,616 Posts
Weren't these being sold on 3si a while back?
Yes, ebay as well.....

who?????

Yup, we went threw this b4 with these intakes. Until some kind of dyno/testing time is done, to prove what the benifit is of using them, I'd hold off from buying em.....but...VVVV newbs wont...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Is it possible to make one with an oval tank and have access the rear plugs also a bigger TB on the stick location...
Ill would buy one now!!!!

·
I have an ego problem
2,616 Posts
Is it possible to make one with an oval tank and have access the rear plugs also a bigger TB on the stick location...
Ill would buy one now!!!!
ANything is possible, but, has the thought that creating shorter runners obviously has a large effect on performance???? Honestly, takes a whole 20mins to take off the plenium to check your rear plugs.....

1 - 20 of 71 Posts