21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,777 Posts
FB is joker city now. Good to see you guys in here again!
I'm not sure what's worse there, the lack of searching that works, the lack of good information, or how condescending some people are. Saw a post with a guy asking if anyone knew what aftermarket thing was, that someone installed behind the speedometer. Immediately someone suggested homemade boost control, or something similar. The OP explained he didn't know what those terms meant. Others then proceeded to say he shouldn't be working on it if he didn't know , completely ignoring the fact that it was quite obviously a cable-driven speedometer cluster/dash. I mean, why be a dick? When you're first learning, you're bound to ask stupid questions. Fuck, I STILL ASK STUPIF QUESTIONS and I've been part of the platform since '05 or so.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,313 Posts
I think I've figured it out.
90% of the new members are too lazy to look up ANYTHING.
I just helped one of the clueless ones with a paint code question and didn't even get a response.
It literally took me < 5 minutes of searching to find an answer, and then I went the extra mile to check with some of the paint matching companies to find out I had given conflicting info.
Maybe I should have offered to paint his car?

Maybe it's just this quarantine thing (for me anyway)....

Bob.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I think I've figured it out.
90% of the new members are too lazy to look up ANYTHING.
I just helped one of the clueless ones with a paint code question and didn't even get a response.
It literally took me < 5 minutes of searching to find an answer, and then I went the extra mile to check with some of the paint matching companies to find out I had given conflicting info.
Maybe I should have offered to paint his car?

Maybe it's just this quarantine thing (for me anyway)....

Bob.
Welcome to Facebook... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
12 Posts
The couple times I've tried to look things up here, I've found 2-3 dangling threads, and 1-2 posts with objectively wrong answers and misinformation, no correct answers. Versus Facebook where I've found 5-6 answers with misinformation, and then 2-3 answers with people calling them dumbasses and providing the correct information. Maybe that was just coincidence for the individual cases I searched for, but it certainly pushed me away from 3Si.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
you are missing a lot of info here then or not great at searching.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,313 Posts
The couple times I've tried to look things up here, I've found 2-3 dangling threads, and 1-2 posts with objectively wrong answers and misinformation, no correct answers. Versus Facebook where I've found 5-6 answers with misinformation, and then 2-3 answers with people calling them dumbasses and providing the correct information. Maybe that was just coincidence for the individual cases I searched for, but it certainly pushed me away from 3Si.
I'm confused.
You came here looking for answers, found incorrect or misleading answers?
Did you already know the right answer?
If you did, why did YOU not reply with it?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
GTFO with that spam

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,777 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts