Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this one is second time posting about this one..
well, Engine oil is pumping out from sparkplug hole.. and
now it messed up all my engine bay.. I see hell of smoke when I drive.. it even miss fires too.
I did change the headgasket 3month ago and.. Did I make mistake? from somewhere?..

·
Registered
10,686 Posts
Start by checking compression in all cylinders including the offending "oily" cylinder to get a better idea of what is going on.

Failure is a head gasket could certainly cause oil or coolant to get into cylinder but I would not expect to see oil in the spark-plug well.

I have seen at least one other post that mentioned oil covered wires so there must be some failure mode that causes this.

Clint

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I am pretty sure I told you this before, there are seperate gaskets that keep the oil under your valve cover, and NOT in your spark plug holes. I forget the part #, but they are prolly called just as they sound "spark plug valve cover gasket" or something like that. They are really cheap, and if it is leaking from your front head, a simple 30 minutes to do, if that. MIght as well replace front valve cover gasket while doing it

·
Registered
10,686 Posts
dreadie

... I assumed he was talking about blue smoke coming out the exhaust - perhaps it is black smoke from unburnt fuel caused by the oil fouled spark plug wires...

Clint

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dreadie said:
I am pretty sure I told you this before, there are seperate gaskets that keep the oil under your valve cover, and NOT in your spark plug holes. I forget the part #, but they are prolly called just as they sound "spark plug valve cover gasket" or something like that. They are really cheap, and if it is leaking from your front head, a simple 30 minutes to do, if that. MIght as well replace front valve cover gasket while doing it
Thank you So much!!
yes, it was the valve cover gasket. So I changed both of them.
also. one of my freeze plug was about to blow out. so I changed them.. :D

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
you change the spark plug gaskets too?

·
Registered
10,686 Posts
.. beginning to think he may have re-installed the valve cover with a either missing spark plug gasket or not properly seated..

We might want to add valve cover/spark plug gaskets to the 120K tuneup because 1) they are cheap and 2) easy to replace while you have the plenum off.

Clint

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
cbatters said:
[BWe might want to add valve cover/spark plug gaskets to the 120K tuneup because 1) they are cheap and 2) easy to replace while you have the plenum off.
Clint [/B]

everytime i change the plugs I change them (ofcourse, within reasonable time, such as 50-60k)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dreadie thanks again for your help!

I did changed valve, spark plug gaskets.
It had too much oil leak before and it even killed spark plug.
so I couldn`t even start the car.
It really sounds like broken timing belt. and it was because of
flooded spark plug.
I spent all my thanksgiving weekends..(damn intakes).:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts