Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to get the borla TT exhaust and I was wondering if there are any websites or stores that sell it for less than $534? Because thats the cheapest I can get it at. Any suggestions? Thanks for the info in advance!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
The Borla TT is two 3" angle cut exhaust tips w/ bigass resonators. I love mine - sounds mean as hell too!

.jon

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Hey Joh3K,

I don't know about ur borlas. Mine does sound means at low RPM which is good. One thing that when i let off the gas the borlas makes this annoying resonated sound (not all the times). Do u experience the same w/ urs?

Black94Vr4

·
Registered
856 Posts
My borla makes the most noise from 1.5k - 2k rpm. I've heard is because of the way the resonator cancels out noise. It cancels more as the RPM's rise, so you get the same average sound all the way through the powerband. Thats the idea at least. But yeah, when I shift, and the tach drops through that 1.5k - 2k rpm range, it lets out a mean ass growl. I love it :D

.jon

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
jon3k,

Mine is the same. My question is that do u hear "something is loosen underneath ur car" sound when u let off the gas? Sometimes the sound rattles eventhough the exhaust is tighten securely.

Black94VR4

·
Registered
856 Posts
Black94VR4 said:
jon3k,

Mine is the same. My question is that do u hear "something is loosen underneath ur car" sound when u let off the gas? Sometimes the sound rattles eventhough the exhaust is tighten securely.

Black94VR4
Hmm, nope, I don't think I get what you described here. Have you checked the exhaust to make sure it is tightened securely, or are you relying on what the installer told you?

.jon

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
I did check to see all the bolts are secured up on the lift. Some peoples I spoke too did hear the same rattle sounds. Just the way the Borla was designed. If u don't hear the same sound that's great.

Black94VR4

·
Vroooooooooom!
293 Posts
Hey blacvr4,
I have an n/a with a complete mandrel bent custom exhaust. I used a dynomax muffler, sounds deep and awesome at ,ower rpms, but had the same raspy resonation when I let the gas to change gears. They told me it's due to the increased flow from removing cat. resonators, everything, and the kinda muffler(domestic) i used. so they suggested to slow down or quite down it a little. so I put another dynomax (but this time a small bullet race muffler) in front of it. that raspy resonation when i let the gas go has greatly decreased, buy yet still not completely gone away. I'm trying to figure out how to fix that w/o comprimising the flow gains I had(and that mean awesome sound on throttle too). but I guess what you having might be due to the muffler you have, might wanna check your engine balance, that might increase the resonation also. what kinda dp you have, if it's a really good flowing one borla muffler might resonate a little. Let me know too please when you figure out what the problem is and how to fix it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts