Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

541 - 552 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Since you have so much work on GM Shortblock cars, I say you should just put one in the 3000, you'll have a much easier time going fast.

It is the ultimate solution - Maybe someday when I am ready to build a car again I will do the same.

·
The dark shall be with us
7,330 Posts
Apparently guys are ripping gears apart with the dog box, our transmissions dont like what's available apparently. Maybe someone else can fill you in with the specific details.
Custom gear set or treated gears would be needed. I would love to see how cyro and wpc treated 5 speed gears with faceplate can handle.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
I'm fired up about this again now that I see the car. Did some basic maintenance on her, oil change, etc to get her fresh and then she's loaded up and headed down to Atlanta Custom Wraps to finish this up. Lexan will be tinted when it gets back up here, I need to swap an oil cooler in the front that miraculously sprung a leak all on it's own while at the body shop LOL, and then should be ready for the dyno unless the injectors need cleaned up from sitting so long.

·
Show me your twins
1,145 Posts
Lookin good

541 - 552 of 552 Posts