Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

521 - 540 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Agreed, at 250whp, a stock VR4 benefits from the stock active aero, now imagine about 4 times the HP, easily a 200mph capable car.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
i think when you have 1xxx hp power goals it needs to be very functional lol
Functional in what way?

Obviously there are advantages to the spoiler approach and the wing approach. We all know F1 cars even use "active aero" now.
Because it's the best of both worlds.
Sorry...not trying to argue and de-rail this, lol.

Love the build. Those weird wheels are actually growing on me too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This looks like it'll be a great build. Look forward to seeing it when finished!

What body shop are you using? I'm in the Cinci area too and looking for good recommendations for a shop experienced in our cars that can weld in a headlight bucket and paint work on my '95 SL. Appreciate any suggestions. thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
This looks like it'll be a great build. Look forward to seeing it when finished!

What body shop are you using? I'm in the Cinci area too and looking for good recommendations for a shop experienced in our cars that can weld in a headlight bucket and paint work on my '95 SL. Appreciate any suggestions. thanks.
Spade is doing the work. It's moving slowly, but they're good and do all of my rides, so it'll be worth the wait.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I know this is way late but a set of cts-v 6 pot front and 4 pot rears with 350z sport rotors at 355mm up front and 350mm in rear would stop you a lot better then evo brakes. I have both and the evo brembos are great but at 1000+ and all your cf I'd suggest something with more and smaller pistons for better distribution of braking force vs the 4 pots with all 4 pots not very different in sizing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Last I saw the car was together but this obviously died off. Not sure if he still has it, but they've been doing a lot of stuff with the new vette, ats v, ect.. so they're more focused on that stuff. I was really hopeful for 6 speed transfer case gears to come out of this...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Bummer saw a video on the interweb showing an employee of his getting his arm sucked under the rear wheel on a dyno at his shop in cindy a few weeks ago

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Also could be just like me and hasn't felt motivated to update his build thread.

I've done alot to my 3000 in the last few months, and I think the last time I updated my build thread was last fall after I finished painting it..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #539
I know this is way late but a set of cts-v 6 pot front and 4 pot rears with 350z sport rotors at 355mm up front and 350mm in rear would stop you a lot better then evo brakes. I have both and the evo brembos are great but at 1000+ and all your cf I'd suggest something with more and smaller pistons for better distribution of braking force vs the 4 pots with all 4 pots not very different in sizing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gen2 CTS V? Hell I have a set sitting here. Link to app for caliper bracketry?

LoLing at myself for bumping this. Overhyped? Dead? Parted out? Looked on face page found nothing.
LOLing at you too. Who are you again? Pompous AF!

Also could be just like me and hasn't felt motivated to update his build thread.

I've done alot to my 3000 in the last few months,
and I think the last time I updated my build thread was last fall after I finished painting it..
Car is done at the body shop, YATT widebody kit ended up being more than they expected and I had a few other projects going on, so it was what it was. My C7 ZR1 has held the quickest and fastest world record for 8 months now and we redid the compound boost ZL1 with a 94mm rear turbo and new 2650 Supercharger up front. So been playing with the Chevy siblings haha

My boy down at Atlanta Custom Wraps is finishing it up for the skin, but a quick walk around Friday got me pumped up again. Ultimately, I want to get a 4L and dog box in there, but we’ll see what happens for now.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Gen2 CTS V? Hell I have a set sitting here. Link to app for caliper bracketry?

LOLing at you too. Who are you again? Pompous AF!

Car is done at the body shop, YATT widebody kit ended up being more than they expected and I had a few other projects going on, so it was what it was. My C7 ZR1 has held the quickest and fastest world record for 8 months now and we redid the compound boost ZL1 with a 94mm rear turbo and new 2650 Supercharger up front. So been playing with the Chevy siblings haha

My boy down at Atlanta Custom Wraps is finishing it up for the skin, but a quick walk around Friday got me pumped up again. Ultimately, I want to get a 4L and dog box in there, but we’ll see what happens for now.

Apparently guys are ripping gears apart with the dog box, our transmissions dont like what's available apparently. Maybe someone else can fill you in with the specific details.

521 - 540 of 552 Posts