1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
We have no excuses now:mad:

·
Registered
56 Posts
im pretty sure i saw that K car in person at the new england dragway. It ran a 10.6x at 139 i think. It was quite the surprise.

·
Registered
158 Posts
but those cars are fugly!!!

I'll keep my Stealth :D

sAm

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
il stick with a slow car that gets me laid:p

·
Vr-4 Evr
2,027 Posts
well i guess i shouldnt talk about the 9 second NEON, the 9 second GEO METRO and a 9 SNOWMOBILE that i saw at a local racing event=)

·
Vr-4 Evr
2,027 Posts
sbzro00 said:

I'll second that:D
those fast as cars are not reliable they have to rebuild so many times to keep running down the track. we can make our cars very fast for the street and still be reliable.

·
Mullet Mobile
276 Posts
nytemyst said:

those fast as cars are not reliable they have to rebuild so many times to keep running down the track. we can make our cars very fast for the street and still be reliable.

Hey whatever makes you feel better. ;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
LOL, i thought you guy's had seen those things before that's why i never posted that. anyhow Jeff, keep an eye out for those Omni's around Detroit, there's a guy down there running 12's...also some guy in MI running 12.5's with a Rampage:rolleyes: :p

V

·
0 Posts
Whatever...I'd rather stick with my VR-4.
I'll save up some money to buy sport bike,learn how to ride it,
and shut the people who rag on 3/S up!
:D

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
mitsu3kgt311 said:
it's supossed to snow this weekend i heard
Snow already.... i guess so, this is only my second MI Winter.... Rob is gettin an omni... "a winter beater that is hittin the track in the spring" as he says... he also said he's selling his stealth if the omni beats him!

·
Devoted Darkling
3,519 Posts
I don't think any of us need to "hang our heads in shame". So they made a POS run mid 10s. Who cares? Mavericks have been doing it for years, and they are just as ugly.

I don't give a flying rat's fanny if we are not the fastest kid on the block. We are some of the fastest on the street, and that means a little more than being able to cut a 9.78 @ 147 MPH one time with slicks, 120 octane race fuel, and perfect conditions.

If someone wants to base the sole worth of the car off of sterile track enviroments and performance that is not achievable in day to day driving situations then more power to them. I, however, would rather have a solid, quick car that can turn mid 12s on 93 octane pump gas with street tires in the blistering heat. That is performance you have at your disposal 24 / 7, the way it should be...

To each their own. I could buy a supposed 11 second Mustang for $5K right down the street from me. If I did I may be faster than ~90% of the 3/S cars, but I'd still be in a fox body Mustang :( :rolleyes: :eek:. There's a lot more to a car's worth than one or two good track runs.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Well said ukyo!

My brother-in-law has a 10 second Toyota. It’s stripped down to nothing, racing slicks, 116 octane racing gas. Big deal. :rolleyes: If I wanted to, I could completely strip my VR-4 down, getting rid of everything that’s none essential, put about $20,000 into the motor and bust 10 seconds all day long. Big deal. :rolleyes: I like my all wheel drive, all wheel steering, active spoilers, power everything, fat leather seats, air conditioning, spare tire and all the other goodies these awesome cars come with. He can have his 10 second car. Like South_FL_RT said… ;)

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
My friends dad had one....those bastards were pretty quick...it was a 600 I think. I agree, some people are entirely too hung up on 1/4 mile track times....something your car will spend less than 2% of its actual miles doing. First off, I doubt that is a stock K. No telling what mods are in it. I doubt is even the original block. ANYTHING including our cars can be modded. I can pull the 6 out and throw in a short block or big block v8 and put in RWD if I had the time, motivation, and cash. There is ALWAYS GOING TO BE SOMEBODY FASTER and as South FL said....."I'll stick with the car that gets me laid" (I like that one...well said)

·
842 Posts
Hey VR4-Fans

I'll save up some money to buy sport bike,learn how to ride it,
I’ll sell you my 97 Black Bird, I did 10.12 sec on the ¼ mile and it’s stock.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts