Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy! Please give me some advices, the water pump starts making terrible noise since yesterday. This [email protected]#king car just try to turn me down at the time that I need it the most. I'm really sick and tire of it. My back hurt, my pocket burns almost to ground and now my ride strikes on me. Anyone please lets me know where to get the water pump with a reasonable price or anyone knows the shop would charge me for water pump replacement. Thank you for your help and Merry Christmas to alls.
Don94 3kgt

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
I got my water pump at carparts.com for something like $47. They have a deal going for 33% off if you use this link http://3si.opcode.org/Links.htm
Use the link for carparts.com on the page and it will give you the discount. I just ordered mine from there. Make sure that it isn't leaking. If so then you might want to change the timing belt also (since it has to be taken off anyway). I got a timing belt for $53 from the same site. Also don't forget to get a new gasket for the water pump. I paid around $1 for it. I also threw in a new PCV valve for $3.50. My total came to $120 including shipping. It should be here on the 28th, then I can finally take it to get the tranny adjusted. Then it will be good as new (i hope).

Hans

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hans! Thanks a lot for your helpful informations. The water pump just started making noise couple days ago, there's not any visible coolant leak at least for now but I will keep an eye on it. I'll place an order after christmas if they're openning, then I'll install it probadly after new year. You said you'll adjust the tranny, so you must owned a manual car, right? Once again thank you very much, Merry X-mas.

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
Actually it's an automatic, but it was just rebuilt so it has to be tweaked a bit. The discount at carparts.com ends Dec. 31 so make sure you get your order in to get the same great deal i did.

Hans

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This may sound crazy but at the miti dealer in Mobile AL the labor for replacing the water pump is less than the timing belt. I replaced the water pump and gave them my new timing belt to put back on and they did not charge me extra. It cost about $200 labor total.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts