Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

While I was in a stupor of mine, I was wondering.....do any of you run external wastegates?? I ask, because I found some for a decent price. I realize that custom manifolds would have to be made, but I wasn't quite sure wether or not these would offer any performance gains? Are there any pro's to this besides possible improved boost response? Or any cons besides the price, space, fitament, and price???

It seems like it would be too expensive to make a reasonable difference in performance, because of the price, but I was just curious

P.S. please excuse any of my grammar or spelling, beacuse after 5 vodka and redbulls, I'm now realizing I can't type that well....:alcoholic

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Its not worth it unless you are really serious about power. Plus it would beretarded to use them with turbos that already have an internal wastegate. They offer good performance gains, but you pay out the ass for everything. The best, closest, much cheaper alternative we have going is the wastegate dumps Shadowfax and the rest of Justperformance.com is making.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts