Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of indiglo gauges off of E-Bay. When I installed the gauges, they all worked except for the speedometer. I e-mailed the seller (XenonXenon) to explain the problem. They gave me an over-sea phon number and claimed no responsibility. I could understand if it went out months later, but this was the first time they were hooked up. I hate people that sell SH*T and do not stand beside their product!

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
the gauge will work it just needs more voltage to the gauges. just about everyones gauges do that. I am planning on using a relay so I can put more voltage to it and still use the factory switch. I'm real busy right now so someone might want to try it before me.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It worked at the start, but went off within the first five minutes. Why would all the other gauges work and this one will not?

·
Registered
466 Posts
maybe the plug of the speedometer is loose?.... I might be wrong..... it's next to the transmission check it....... Did you say it was on everytime you plug it in and then goes away and doesn't work in a few minutes after?..... if it's that then I don't know.......

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
same thing happen to me but it was the rpm gauge. I called the guy and he said send him the gauge and he would send me a new one. well I never got around to sending it. one day I wired it to the cig. lighter and all of them worked great! then I wired it back to the other location and the rmp gauge didn't work again. I even unplugged all the other one and see if just that one would light up with less load, but nope. it only works with higher voltage. I guess thats the way EL works.

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
maybe the plug of the speedometer is loose?.... I might be wrong..... it's next to the transmission check it....... Did you say it was on everytime you plug it in and then goes away and doesn't work in a few minutes after?..... if it's that then I don't know.......
huh? what does that have to do with indiglo?

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks hobbit382. Do you remember what color the hot wire is to the cig. lighter?

·
Registered
466 Posts
He said only the speedometer gauge is not working.... so like I said I don't know... just a guess....

hobbit382 said:

huh? what does that have to do with indiglo?

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re-read my post. I am talking about indiglo gauges for my car as in the speedometer not lighting up Indiglo.

Thanks for trying to help, though;)

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
That sucks when people pull that shit on you. Go overseas and kick some ass :D

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
its ebay...there is your first guest that there is something wrong with the product ;)

i'm not trying to pull business for these people and i never used their product but i would suggest people look into nr auto's indiglo gauges.

personally i have a set from ebay and they've been okay. i have problem with them going off ocassionaly but with a few wiggle it goes back on again...so..i don't know *shrug*

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Quick VR-4 said:
Thanks hobbit382. Do you remember what color the hot wire is to the cig. lighter?
If you looking to hook it up near the cig. lighter itself, it should be blue. It connects to the bottom center of it. Hope this helps.

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
yeah I thinks its blue, and the other one is black if I remember right.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks phreakerz. I will go downstairs and try it.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No luck:( I tried to hotwire the gauges to the directly to the battery just to see if it was a lack of power. Again, all gauges worked except the speedo which makes everything look like crap.

·
Registered
466 Posts
you've just poped it how can it light up? :D :D :D j/k

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
hmmm that sucks. well do this... unscrew the gauge and look and see if you screwed it in too tight and damaged the plastic coating

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Quick VR-4 said:
I bought a set of indiglo gauges off of E-Bay. When I installed the gauges, they all worked except for the speedometer. I e-mailed the seller (XenonXenon) to explain the problem. They gave me an over-sea phon number and claimed no responsibility. I could understand if it went out months later, but this was the first time they were hooked up. I hate people that sell SH*T and do not stand beside their product!
Wasn't it you that was in on our indiglo group buy with voodoojuju but you thought that they didn't match your Apex gauge? So you then sold them for $85? I may be mistaken, but I remember that that guy also had a yellow VR4. Anyway, I got the indiglos and they went out after a while. First the speedo, then the tach, gas, and volt meter. One after another. I e-mailed voodoojuju(also sells indiglo gauges on ebay) and he gladly sent me another upgraded set FIRST. I still have to send the old ones back, but shit he saved me some work! Good guy, and he has helped many of us here on this board with good results. That sucks what this stupid guy's putting you through. You should go through his feedback profile, here it is. http://cgi2.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=xenon-xenon

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Another thing to look at if you decide you may want to fix them is right at the connector point, on the backside. Mine had a hairline crack where it wasn't making a connection. I didn't realize it till I replced them, but a couple of people have soldered this back together themselves with good results. Do a search on indiglo and I think it's in the thread I started.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts