Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ‘97 SL has almost 140,000 and runs like new. But when the inevitable happens (engine go bye-bye) I don’t won’t another non-turbo V6. I won’t a balls-to-the-wall V8. Particularly an LS3.

Does anyone have any engine swapping experience with these cars? I know it can be done. I’ve seen a few YouTubers drop a V8 into these things. But is a too much of a pain in the ass? Let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Doable, but lots of fabrication. Going longitudinal: front subframe, motor mount brackets, trans tunnel, and in your case.. also a rear subframe strong enough to hold a differential. I don't see any way an LS3 will fit transversely, but could be totally wrong.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Considering I pioneered the 4Gswap and still make mounts for people and have the most successful LS swap; I also say 4g63 swap. An LS is not a "swap"; you are re-engineering the entire car.

·
LS3S
2,181 Posts
My LS swap is WAY more successful!!! I drove mine around the cul-de-sac! What have you done? Run 8's, drive thousands of miles, and make 1000+ rwhp? Pshhh

;)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
My LS swap is WAY more successful!!! I drove mine around the cul-de-sac! What have you done? Run 8's, drive thousands of miles, and make 1000+ rwhp? Pshhh

;)
You should have just 4Gswapped....run 9’s and drive around too and take 5years less time. ;)

Good to see yours is drivable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
LS3S
2,181 Posts
For sure. I just NEVER put time into it anymore. Maybe one day a month... :(

I'm just living vicariously through you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts