Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted: Need used transfer case for my '91 TT

Hey guys, I need a used transfer case for my '91 TT. Also does anybody know off hand how much a new one is roughly? Also, does anyone know how hard it is to install? It looks fairly simple to do, but I want to make sure b4 I start tearing into it. Thanks alot.

Tim
'94 T-62 Supra
'91 Stealth TT

·
382 Posts
By "frt" do you mean front? The front differential is inside the the transmission and is not sold separately. Frank at Kormex (www.kormextrans.com) might have a used one to sell you. If you are talking about the REAR differential, I have one of those for sale from my 1992 Stealth turbo since I have been doing the six speed conversion recently. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BCTURBO

Thanks for the reply. I meant that I needed a new transfer case. I don't know why I put frt diff. I'm an idiot. The post has been edited. Thanks and let me know if you have the transfer case.

Thanks, Tim

·
382 Posts
Yes, I also have the transfer case left over from my conversion. Mine is a 25 spline though. I think most of the 1991 transfer cases were 18 spline. Count your splines and if you have a 25 then we can make a deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have not taken mine off yet, and don't want to until I get a new one first. I thought they didn't switch until '94? Does anybody know for sure if his '92 transfer case will work in my '91?

Thanks, Tim

·
382 Posts
They DID change the transfer cases in 1994- again. The early first gens had 18 splines and they changed over to 25 spline at some point. The 2nd gen 6-speeds use a different 25 spline transfer case. You may be able to tell which one you have by calling a dealer and giving them your VIN number. Otherwise you will have to take the case off and count the splines. It is not too difficult to take off. Try calling a Mitsubishi dealer first though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I will let you know. Could you please give me a private e-mail with your phone # so that I can talk to you a little more about this. I would greatly appreciate it. [email protected]

Thanks, Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts