Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys time to seperate the men from the mice, I have a 92 vr4 got it a couple of months ago to add to my collection.
I have just put it in the shop to have a new computer put in it,it has a y pippe and k&n double mushroom filter,It may have bigger turbos(how do I tell)#1, what should my boost be set at on my dsbc from blitz#2,it starts to knock at 5500 rpms is that right?#3.
I have seemed to lost the second gear syncro(what should i do)#4 upgrade to a 6 speed? fix the one i have and put in a new clutch(what kind)#5. there also is slack in the rear end i can hear it hit when i get on it what do i do#6(cost)i also need to upgrade my fuel lines/pump/rail what do i need?#7and i need a new bov(what kind the louder the better)#8
Am i on the right track? what do i need to do ?help i am at your mercy

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
well to start, there are many turbo upgrades that use the td04 turbo housing. so the best way to tell is by the boost that they can make and hold. my 15gs will sustain 21psi or so at 7000rpm. other than that, you can see if the bore is opened and oversize impellers are installed.

no knocking noises should ever be heard. be sure its a knock and not a tick from worn lifters or pinging from too much boost for the fuel that u use. if it is knocking, it will need an overhaul

as far as the syncros go, these trans are not to hard to overhaul and replace them or leave the work to someone like kormex trans

the noise when acc and dec is probably a worn output shaft to the transfer. this is the #1 problem with this car. if you look in modifications i have a post on a project that i am doing. if you pull off the transfer case you will see if its worn.

hks makes a killer pump and injectors and rps clutch seems the way to go. i got mine at altered atmosphere motorsports.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts