Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Aggressive Driver
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened a couple of weekends ago, just came back to me as I'm reading all of these posts. Hope you like:
Me and my roommate were going to his boy's house to do an audio install for me in Mt.Vernon(we're coming from Queens, via the Van Wyck). I'm doing my conservative 80 mph, not racing, just whipping in and out of traffic, that where SL's do their damage:D Anyway, I'm doing my thing when this black Integra comes on the Van Wyck, about a few hundred feet ahead of me. Had the body kit, the lights, the big-ass 5inch exhaust, the whole nine. Done pretty nicely, as far as Acuras goes. He's a little slower than me as he gets on and I really didn't pay him any mind as I slowly passed him. This is the way I drive, I wasn't challenging the guy, honestly. All of a sudden, I hear this loud lawnmower of a car gunning it behind me, and cuts to my left.
He gives me a look as he passes me.
WTF?!! I turn to my boy, he looks at me and I'm on him. I make out the little GSR(have no idea if it's authentic) on his rear as I catch up to him. I make out his turbo guage cluster on the dash as I ride next to him, now about 100 mph. I glance over, his face was intent on trying to beat me.
Remember, I said I was in traffic, and I LOVE to run this car in traffic(I know, I know. It's my nature):rolleyes:. So back to the story.
By this time, we're approaching the Whitestone Bridge, the traffic merges from 4 lanes to 2. This is where I shine. At a 120 mph, I dip in and out of traffic. The cars in my way seems set up perfectly for me as I swing in and out. I glance at the rear view to see where my Integra friend is, dude is waaaaay back there, you can hear the exhaust howling. I bring it down to 3rd gear as I'm hitting the bridge. Those transit cops usually lurk around towards the end. I cross the bridge and pay my toll. I'm on my way, keeping speed limit, cause now I'm curious to see what he does next. Eventually, our boy catches up and keeps pace right behind me. I'm not doing anything at this point, I have nothing to prove. Then there's that howl again as he finally makes his move and cuts to my right this time. Yes NA's are considered slow, I hear it too often on this site, but at between 50 - 100 mph, they are contenders, at least with me driving one. I catch up to Integra-man(this is the name me and my boy came up with at this time), and once again, I inch past our hero. I glance at him again, and he is HATING this! The look on his face, priceless!!! I do my thing with the dipping for a couple of more miles, getting off at my exit, dude passes me flashing his blinkers. I don't know if it was respect to me or is it cause he thinks he won or what. Who knows, who cares, there's my story.

·
Aggressive Driver
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running it pretty stock. ordering a Stillen intake & dp, after I do the 60k tune up after winter. As far as the Acura, I'm going strictly by what the emblem says on his car. It looked pretty put together to be running fake emblems, but you never know. I can usually whip a Honda or Acura, but most of my races are on Parkways & Expressways. Not near any tracks here.

·
Aggressive Driver
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey im right next to MV u have a 3k or a stealth?

Got a pearl white 98 3000GT, w/tints. & SL rims

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
GSR's are no big deal for an NA 5spd , they only get to 60 in 7.6 seconds , the Type R can be a hand full though 6.1-6.8 , the RS/LS are about 8.5 to 60 . 3kgt's , 6.5-7 seconds

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Bigmac said:
GSR's are no big deal for an NA 5spd , they only get to 60 in 7.6 seconds , the Type R can be a hand full though 6.1-6.8 , the RS/LS are about 8.5 to 60 . 3kgt's , 6.5-7 seconds
hes a sohc guys, not a dohc.

·
Aggressive Driver
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hes a sohc guys, not a dohc.

I'm an 98' SL, I'm a DOHC.
I'm not a Integra person, so I don't know jack when it comes to GSR's, Type R's, LS's etc. Whenever I see those kinds of cars in Super Street or Import Tuner, I tend to skip over the articles. Too many of them out there. That's why I love our cars, there aren't a gajillion of them.
All I know, dude came at me hard, and I handed him his ass in the end. Had the same thing happen on Saturday, this was against a BMW 328i. How do SL's compare to those?

·
Registered
130 Posts
If it WAS a GS-R it wouldn't say GS-R on the back. There would just be a badge saying DOHC VTEC, unless it was a G2 integra, 92-93, then it would say GS-R. Nice Defeat.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Re: hes a sohc guys, not a dohc.

G2Nice said:
I'm an 98' SL, I'm a DOHC.
I'm not a Integra person, so I don't know jack when it comes to GSR's, Type R's, LS's etc. Whenever I see those kinds of cars in Super Street or Import Tuner, I tend to skip over the articles. Too many of them out there. That's why I love our cars, there aren't a gajillion of them.
All I know, dude came at me hard, and I handed him his ass in the end. Had the same thing happen on Saturday, this was against a BMW 328i. How do SL's compare to those?
DOH:hammer: didnt see the "where the sl's do their damage" part. oh well, good kill tegs aint shit.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Good Kill man, ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.