Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
<3's lapping days
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the local autocross event yesterday and I actually did REALLY well. In my stealth, with my slicks on, im normally about 5-6 seconds slower than the fastest guys, yesterday I was only 1.5 seconds slower, a HUGE improvement!

You cant imagine the amount of grip this car has coming out of turns, those 275 tires really get a bite on that pavement on that runway.

My first run i had boost controller set for 11 psi, didnt know what to expect. I ran a 47.5 but blew RIGHT PAST the C-box in 3rd gear, lol, didnt even go through it. My next 3 runs i navigated the course correctly, and didnt even hit a cone! Boost was 14 psi. 3rd run I had my dad in the car with me as a passenger, he couldnt believe how SOLID the car behaved during the turns. During the slaloms the car was pretty damn flat, and had little to no understeer, the balance seemeed SPOT ON, it was fantastic.

I ended running a 46.0xx on my last run.

Oh, and these cars with stock exhaust and a downpipe sound WONDERFUL, I love the slight popping and gnarliness of the sound.

Next event the TEC rear strut bar goes on and my custom front strut bar! Im cannibalizing my poor Stealth :(

Heres me driving to the grid, check out that car first in line!

I like this one

Entering the last turn of the course

Heres the exit, it was a pretty tight but quick left hander, probbaly going through the traps at 30-35 mph

I was only a half second slower than her (50+ yr old woman, lol) its HER CAR!

Lined up and ready to go!

·
<3's lapping days
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nice backdrop

Probably in mid 2nd gear right here going 40-45 mph

V-6, Twin turbo, AWD, pearl white? WHICH ONE DO I LIKE MORE!!

Such good looking wheels

·
needs boost
5,930 Posts
So what are you plans for the old stealth? I need me some teins! ;)

·
The Student
1,214 Posts
Tell me what all you have done to your suspension/drivetrain. Those are some very impressive comparative times...

·
<3's lapping days
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
suspension is stock except the Tein Flex coil overs. They have the EDFC so i can change them on a whim, but I had 4 from hardest on the front, and seevn from hardest on the rear.

Drivetrain? As far as I can tell, its all stock except the clutch, and thats even questionable, it supposedly has a dual disk clutch in it, but I have no clue really, it drives extremely nice though, VERY smooth, pedal pressure is significant, but damn its smooth, and it HOLDS. The start of the course was about a 40 foot straight and then a right angle left turn, i pretty much did that WOT 1st gear and the front tires spun some, haha. (275 wide hoosier slicks).

My carrier bearings are BLOWN, they move like 1.5 inches in all directions. Umm, end links and sway bars are stock. It just drove really well, I am impressed.

The turbos are either 13g's or dr-500's I dont have my WB-02 or egt gauge setup yet, so im not going to up the boost and see what they can do yet.

Other than that there isnt anything out of the ordinary on the car that would benefit me at an autocross event.

Watch out for me at the NG!!!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
What was FTD? What class car?

Cool to see a GTR AX'ing, especially with a Hoosier sticker on the front! Was she actually running Hoosiers at the event?

·
<3's lapping days
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What was FTD? What class car?

Cool to see a GTR AX'ing, especially with a Hoosier sticker on the front! Was she actually running Hoosiers at the event?

Fastest time was in the low 44's

It was a 03 Z06, all stock except hoosiers and shocks.
He has drove here for years and is always in the top 3.

Of course there were hoosiers on it! 315/30/20's all the way around :)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,499 Posts
What size and offset rims are you running?

·
<3's lapping days
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
17x9's and +35 offset

The hoosiers have quite a wide tread, probably .5-1" wider than a normal street tire of the same size, so they DO stick out a bit more, but DAMN they look mean!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts