Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Published on Dec 17, 2013
For this video, I hop in my friend Tyler's Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 and give you my first impressions. We have been trying to do this video for awhile now, so I was very antsy to get behind the wheel of this all wheel drive blast of a car. Nothing like too good ol' feeling of 90's nostalgia. Thanks for watching!
Instagram-Thatdudeinblue
Like the Facebook!-
Song used- K-100 Watchtower

So it only took around 15 to 20 years for someone to do an actual video review of our car. This probably makes video review 5 or 6 since the early to mid 90's. I only point this out because, I can pull over a 100 reviews of each S2000, Supra, GTR, NSX, Z, MR2 and the list goes on.

The guy is a young guy (reviewer) but I'll take what I can get at this point to gain some damn understanding of what Mitsubishi was thinking in terms of design, power, styling. Don't mind my little rant. It kinda sucks to only see reviews in different languages that are not translated or subtitled in my native language. I love the guys in Thailand the most because, they actually care about the platform in regards to styling. The US seem more geared toward increased performance and the Euro countries seem to want to enjoy the car on the road and photographing. Russia is simply the odd ball of the bunch, let just say one 6spd was defiantly violated but I'm not sure if it didn't like it. (Australia is a wild card, I think they are crazy nuts but good crazy nuts when they put in work, they put in work)

·
Resident Street Racer
5,605 Posts
You make it seem more exciting than it really is...:p

VR4's in stock trim are pleasant grand touring cars, but definitely feel numb and out of place (to a certain extent) when put heads up with the other 90's Japanese cars. Not taking anything away from your review, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. :)

You should drive a stock FD, Z and Supra....;)

Nomie

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You make it seem more exciting than it really is...:p

VR4's in stock trim are pleasant grand touring cars, but definitely feel numb and out of place (to a certain extent) when put heads up with the other 90's Japanese cars. Not taking anything away from your review, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. :)

You should drive a stock FD, Z and Supra....;)

Nomie
I wish I could, but I don't know anyone who actually owns any of those cars. Maybe a 240sx.

The GTO is a car I compare to these cars Toyota 2000GT, Jenson Interceptor, 67 Stingray, Jaguar XJR-15 (oddball), 1976 Porsche 911, 1982 Porsche 930, Ferrari 250 GTO. The styling (shell) was too Exotic for the power/weight/handling it offered stock but was ok back then (Japan kept the cars at 270HP back then). I think that Mitsubishi would have made the 3S 400hp or more if they had it there way.

The only reason for mentioning those vehicles is that the GTO didn't seem like it was trying to compete with the Supra MKIV, RX7, 300ZX, GTR even though people inherently have compared them to the 3S.

The 3S was simply too big and too heavy of a car. It simply sat alone and didn't fit in imo with those cars (Supra, RX7, GT-R, Z). To me the Eclipse and EVO especially fell into that realm of competition with those 4 cars. It's one of those cars that was trying to be too many things at one time.

NSX

GT-R, RX7, Supra MKIV, S2000, 300ZX

Mitsubishi GTO

·
Pay it forward
1,325 Posts
Nice video hopefully many new owners will appreciate your excitement.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
OK video, production was nice. "DSM Power" at the end killed it for me.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone remember seeing this post a few weeks ago? Well the owner totaled the car which is kinda sad, I really liked the car while moving. This vid has a few pics of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts