Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good are these sway bars for those who have these on their vr4? Does it live up to its description/is it that good?(below)
link: Swaybars AWD 3SX Sway Bars TT / VR4

"The 3S is a big heavy car, no one ever questioned that... And heavy cars tend to display body roll when going around curves and corners, leaning toward the outside of the curve/turn you are driving. This lean effectively shifts the balance of the vehicle, reduces tire contact patch in the inside tires, and reduces traction. When pushed too hard this can also lead to understeer where the car just refuses to turn in the direction you are steering it.

Upgrading to beefier swaybars helps reduce the lateral body roll, serving to help keep the car "flatter" on the road. This keeps the balance of the car more centered (and lower) and maximizes tire contact patch and ultimately traction.

Swaybars are extremely popular among racers (whether road course or auto-cross) to help them through corners faster. But even on a daily driver car, navigating traffic is much more predictable and precise as the car shows less weight shift when changing lanes or navigating turns."

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,110 Posts
I have both installed. The factory rear is definitely a coat hanger, IMO, and I am sure that many would agree lol. Most people leave the front alone, but I guess that is subjective and/or personal preference.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,110 Posts
Lmao somewhat, but in nicer terms: you will benefit much more from it.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

1 - 4 of 4 Posts