Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking for a project car. Here are the details.
It needs to be AWD..in other words VR4/Stealth TT
It needs to have a blown Engine, actually a Blown Engine and Tranny Combo would be real nice. The body Must be good...I am an engine Mechanic, not a body shop guy;) The AWD must be perfect, to my knowledge there arent issues with the system, but you never know.
I DO NOT care about color, year etc...
Also, if you have a vr4 with just a blown tranny that you want to get rid of for cheap, tell me I might be Interested.
Thanks guys

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How cheap? See, the reason that I want one with a bad engine and not a bad tranny is cause a bad tranny isnt that much to fix and people still ask a decent price for the car....so, how much?

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, The reason I am looking for something w/ a bad engine/Tranny combo, is because I only want to pay about 1000-2000....which is what they are worth when they dont run.

G

·
$1,000 to $2,000 is unlikely to get you one with a great body.

My '91 has a burnt exhaust valve and PERFECT body. Take a look under Cars for Sale or Email me for details and more pictures (one attached). My car is ideally meant for someone mechanically minded like yourself to fix up. Steve J

Attachments

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a nice car you got there, unfortunantly I dont want to spend that much. And YES, believe it or not, you can find VR4's for 1-2K, that dont run or move, and the body can be fine...just ask Hans and others who have done the same thing. All you have to do is be patient and find the right situation :)

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still Looking guys....Found One for 2500, but it was in CALI :( Anyone one the East Coast PLEASE lemme know if you have anything that meets the criteria.

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TTT...Still Looking Guys!!

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the Search Continues.....

·
3/S car dealer/mechanic
460 Posts
Might have one for you

Ok here's the deal, one of the junkyards I visit regulary IS GETTING a 91-92 VR4 I guess the motor runs fine but it has trans problems? The car has some miles and the reason he is getting it is because the shop it's at for the trans problems got stuck with it when the previous owner dumped it on them. I guess they are getting a mechnic title for it (I am pretty sure that's a totaly normal title) I have yet to see the car but I heard the only body problems are is that the paint is chipping on the hood. I am thinking the $ amount for it will be around $3000 for it mabey less maby a lil more I don't know for sure. If You want I will keep you posted on it I am not intrested in it at all for myself (too many other projects) O it's located In Roclford, IL 61107 (just outside Chicago)

I also know of a 95 TT that I might buy with a blown motor and only 50k on it but the guy wants ALOT of $$$ for it but I have a motor from my parts car and it may be worth it for me to invest in fixing and selling.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.