Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 VR4 in Monza red that I'm getting ready to paint. The mustache, trim on rear hatch, and center section of the rear bumper cover is black. Is it satin black from factory or has it just faded over time and should be gloss black? Thanks.

·
SDSU Alumnus
4,429 Posts
Someone posted a near perfect paint code or alternative in one of the FB groups a while back (in case you were that particular). I would search for it, but they have all since been private.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hans Ertl, from GZP and 3sWharehouse does restoration work on our cars. He posted on FB about how the factory paint codes were not spot on, and that he had improved upon them. Try reaching out to him thru FB or one of his websites, as he has been banned from this forum.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I have the Monza Red paint already, just wondering if the black is gloss or satin. I'm doing 2 stage with base and clearcoat. It would make it easier if the black is gloss cause I can then clear the red and black at the same time. If it's satin, then I have to wait awhile after the black so I can mask over it before I clear the red.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks. I have the Monza Red paint already, just wondering if the black is gloss or satin. I'm doing 2 stage with base and clearcoat. It would make it easier if the black is gloss cause I can then clear the red and black at the same time. If it's satin, then I have to wait awhile after the black so I can mask over it before I clear the red.
It's not black. It's a satin gray color. No readily available color code to my knowledge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts