Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that 4WS causes problems on ice.
i know this is true with Honda Preludes with it.
Before I buy a VR-4, I wanted to make sure they did well on the ice. Thanx in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Almost totally off topic, but...

I was way up in the woods of Maine for New Year's Eve (East Peru for those of you with an atlas...) and since there was no snow, the locals were riding their snowmobiles on the frozen lake. I got to take a burst on this guy's brand new (only 40 miles on the odometer) Arctic Cat 600. As I started out, I got to about 20 mph, then gave a healthy squeeze on the throttle. The front end lifted right up!!! Nothing like a wheelie on a sled. This thing accelerated like a monster, so I told them I was going to stud the tires on my VR-4 then come race them! 90+ MPH on the ice is FUN! I've come to the conclusion that I like machines that are vastly overpowered.

Sorry I can't help with your original question...

Hal

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
A FWD car will cause understeer (drivting over the front wheels) and a RWD oversteer. An AWD tends to understeer but when you hit the throttle too much all fours will slip and the car goes sideways.

I always do my trainings in the winter on special prepared icy roads during a special driving school. With this I learnt who the car handles and with good winter tires the car is very neutral compared with many others. No car can overule the physics but our push the limit a little higher. My 3000GT TT is the best car I've ever drive in snow or on ice (I also drove once a Carrera 4 and some Audi Quattros, the later were also very good)

Roger, Switzerland
93'3000GT TT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts