Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Gear Head
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just changed my oil after 800 miles (I was giving the engine a little break in for the bottom end rebuild) and desided to start pushing it to see how it would hold up. I pushed it up and down the road for about 30 minutes thinking if it was going to blow it would have blown then. I was relieved that the car felt stronger than it ever has and had noticably better throttle responce thanks to clean injectors and a clean manifold with new gaskets. So I was ready to call it a night and head home when I hear this weird noise from behind me. I didn't even think abotu what it was at first. I looked in my left side mirror and saw a WRX comeing up behind. I thought, "Great! I have always wanted to see how fast these cars are!" He lined up behind me for a few seconds and then changed lanes and down sifted. I droped it into second at 45 mph when I heard his really weird sounding BOV. I looked right expecting to see him right there and slowing falling back but he wasn't there! I looked ahead thinking I just got smoked. Not there either! Then I looked in my rear view just in time to see him Lord only knows how many car lengths back as he shifted and his BOV made it's unusual sound again. I slowed down and got into third and waited for him again. We lined up at about 55 mph and he droped it. I stayed in 3rd this time and still ran away with it! Then I looked up and saw the light change red. ow one in site. He pulled up next to me as we were stoping. He pointed at the light and I knodded. The light took for ever to change. When it finally did I quickly remembered that you have to launch these things a certain way or you bog. Just like I did. The car idles at abotu 700 rpm. I watch as my rpms droped to just below 500 rpm! I was so mad at myself! I didn't even try to catch him. A Geo Metro would have one that race. :p He didn't seem to take off very hard at all. I hope that wasn't his best launch. I know he thought we were still raceign because once he got through the intersection his engine started winding up. In any case, I am very pleased to have beated one that badly at speed and then again in 3rd at 55mph with out droping it from a higher gear. Man, I thought these things weren't that fast (but still resonabley quick)when they came out but people kept going on about them. So I thought were faster. I guess my first impression was right.

·
Gear Head
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
May be some 911 TT's. I have seen them quoted any where form 3.6 - 4.2. I almost never see them quoted at the same 0-60 from mag to mag or from year to year. If you run low 12's then I can see it no problem. Most cars I have looked at the times at run low 12's if their 0-60 is around 3.4 - 4.3.

Anyway, I just met the guy again last night. He and I (to my surprise) have a common friend. We were at our friend's b-day party. I talked a little with him and some other guys who know him. He has some really nice gauges on his center dash. They are the stock ones you can get but they are really nice. From some Subaru only after market company. EGT, boost, and feaul pressure. I think people said he has an EBC, HKS BOV, and some after market turbos that are supposed to be really good. But I really didn't have a problem leaving him behind at all. I wish I hadn't of botched that stop light run. I'm really curious now who would have one. But I would still honestly bet on me. I drove with him on the way back to my car from the bar we went to. I watched his boost gauge to see how much he was pushing. I saw it get pretty close to but not at 1.0 BAR. I'm not sure if he ever really pushed it all the way though. I think it was lowered too. It sure did feel lowered. I think we were hitting the bump stops a little. There was a rattle from the rear left too. My girl was worried the car was gonna fall apart. :p It was either a not to great lowering job or something in the trunk. Not really sure which. Probably both.

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
GIMMY83 said:

Dude,

You are so full of shit !!!

How the fuck does your little 4-banger run 60 in < 4 seconds ???

That's faster than a 911 TT.

:confused: :confused:
dude you are a fucking troll. every single post from you is fucking negative. why dont you do the rest of thee world a favor and kill yourself?

as for the running 0-60 in less than 4 seconds....no shit sherlock...its modded and AWD. hes prolly pushing 360-380HP and thats enough to get his car to 60 that fast.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dude,

believe it or not... I dont even care... but if ya ever get a chance to come to Maryland.. swing through Bel Air and I will show you what its like to get spanked redlight to redlight...

As for everyone else comments... thanks... I didn't think under 4 seconds was that unbeleivable... I mean stock they manage mid-5s to sixty... with more power (which I have) they are beasts 0-60.... 0-100 damn good too... :)

Anyway... :rolleyes:

def

·
Registered
573 Posts
believe it or not... I dont even care... but if ya ever get a chance to come to Maryland.. swing through Bel Air and I will show you what its like to get spanked redlight to redlight...
STFU Dumbass,

I don't even waste my gas on riced out Subarus like yours !!!

Anyhow, what about the Eclipse GSX - they had AWD and similar Hp for a 4 banger - never heard of any GSX cutting 3.9 0-60 times !!!

Go troll your Subaru websites and try to convince those ricers about your 911 TT beating almighty Subaru !!! :ak47:

·
Registered
130 Posts
dug-e-fresh said:
some are fast, some are slow... it all depends what you have done.

mine runs 12s... and goes 0-60mph in 3.97 seconds... not bad, surely not slow.

def
I am sure you are definetaly wrong.

Please check the Subaru sites and tell us the fastest one in the world.

Your car must be over 500HP to reach that 0-60 value.

I love WRX very much as I drove 2 before my vr4 but it is impossible to tune a street car.

You are saying that you are faster than the WRC impreza which also have the antilag and launc control.

Please try to understand it is impossible.

·
Registered
101 Posts
why is it so hard to beleive that a car that can pull 0-60 mph time in the mid-5s STOCK can do a slighly sub-4 sec run when its dropped 2 SECONDS off the stock 1/4 mile time...

I mean you honestly cant comprehend that its gonna be faster 0-60mph? My eighth mile time and trap are [email protected]~86mph... think about it.... I am doing almost 90 mph in a shade over 8 seconds....

DSMs have a site for calculating 0-60mph times off that data... you cant tell me that they dont pull those times....

heres the site- http://www.notabusinessracing.org/0-60_equation.html

Try it out....

def

·
Registered
101 Posts
It really is funny to think that people dog on the WRX because it supposedly has no top-end...

they say it runs good 1/4 mile times because they launch good and hard... that they are all 60ft....

BUT then when you quote a fast 0-60mph time everyone flips out!! Doesnt make since....

for a car with "no top end" its gotta make it up somewhere!!!!

def

·
Registered
641 Posts
i definatly belive it. to get under 4 second to 60 for a wrx, he should be running about 350-380 whp. evos are their rivals, and are faster (about same as sti) , and can run under 4 seconds with the stock turbo. ive seen it done. a guy named claudious on evolutionm.com runs 2.05 bars of boost with stock injectors running 92 % duty with a large fuel pump. he runs 11's, and should be under 4 seconds pretty easily dashing to 60. evos and wrx's are similar weight, so its entirly possible for him to run those times. just comes down to what is on your wrx dug-e-fresh? so, what mods are on your car?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
GIMMY83 said:

Dude,

:confused: :confused:
Gimmy, you seem like a good guy but you need to research more. That little four-banger goes fast because of FORCED INDUCTION and tuning. A GST/GSX runs 15flat out of the box, but there are numerous 11second daily drivers out there too. Gotta learn about turboed cars man. Nothing is impossible......Doug isn't your car for sale??? If its for 15k I can take it in 3 weeks or else I hope you die.

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
dug-e-fresh said:
but if ya ever get a chance to come to Maryland.. swing through Bel Air

def
Hey Scooby Man-

O/T, but a friend of mine lives in Bel Air, and also owns the Cortland (sp) Hardware store, which is in Bel Air too, no ?

Are you a boater at all ?

Also, I ran a Scooby that was supposedly on the stock turbo, but he said he was boosting 19# when we ran . . possible or not ? Possible / probable with a dogbox is what I here . but is that popular to do on the stock tiny dryer ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
19 psi on the stocker isnt very smart...and definitely not very popular...

It gets WAY out of its efficiency range after say 16.5-17 psi... the WRX ECU is VERY controlling and will pull LOTS of timing if someone where to crank the boost like that. They would be faster with less boost....

Also... the factory boost cut is about ~17.5 psi... sooo he would have to be running at least FCD of some sort... but still... I dont see the gain in doing that on the stock turbo....

Most likely if he knows anything about the WRX for him to be running 19psi, hes running an upgraded turbo of some kind....

Nah... I dont boat... but I know where you are talking about...

Yes my car is for sale... and heres a list of stuff I've done to it:

Sti, Drivetrain, Horsepower and Performance Mods Retail
J-spec Sti Short Shifter Linkage 400
J-Spec Sti VF30 Turbo Upgrade 1100
J-Spec Sti 565cc Injectors 400
J-Spec STi Motor Mounts 130
J-Spec Sti Transmission Mount 70
J-Spec Sti Air Filter Element 100
J-Spec Sti Hood Scoop (not replica) 200
J-Spec Sti Front Grill (not replica) 270
J-Spec STi Fog Light Covers (not replica) 200
J-Spec Sti Painted Side Skirts (not replica) 240
J-Spec Sti Carbon Fiber Side Marker Covers (replica) 40
J-Spec Sti Spec C Pressure Plate 150
J-Spec STi Radiator Cap 50
Sti Intercooler Sprayer Switch 50
Sti Intercooler Sprayer Nozzles 20
Hi-Flo Water Pump 50
Blitz Power Meter ID 220
Blitz SBC iD Boost Controller 550
Blitz FATT Turbo Timer 120
Blitz Optional Sensor Harness 50
Vishnu Performance Power Pulley 200
Vishnu Performance Signature Series Turboback Exhaust 1650
Vishnu Uppipe 250
Vishnu Tuned Unichip Piggyback ECU 600
Vishnu EMI Adaptor (boost cut defender+) 200
Walbro Hi-pressure 255lph Fuel Pump 110
NGK Performance Plug 40
BPM Performance Flywheel 450
Samco Intercooler Y-pipe 100

Handling Mods:
Whiteline Front Sway Bar 120
Whiteline Rear Adjustable Sway Bar 120
MRT Performance Pads Rear 80
MRT Performance Pads Front 90
MRT Brake Master Cylinder Support Bracket 40
Falken 451 Hi Performance Dry/Wet Tires (12k miles) 330

Miscelaneous Mods:
Forge Blow Off Valve 180
4/8 Gauge Earth Grounding System 50
Greddy Oil Catch Can 100
Lotek Triple Gauge Pillar Pod 50
Autometer Sport Comp EGT Gauge 150
Autometer Sport Comp Oil Pressure Gauge 50
Autometer Sport Comp Air/Fuel Gauge 50
Factory Gauge Pack Housing for Blitz Products 55
Aluminum Dead Pedal 30
Momo Race Air Leather Shift Knob 80
Momo Silver Shift Boot 80
Pioneer 3 Way Front Door Speakers 100
Pioneer 2 Way Rear Door Speakers 80
Bass Blockers 20
35% Window Tint
5% Front "eye brow"

also lots of little things...

def

·
Gear Head
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just curious. How much are you looking to get for your car? It looks like you have a lot of money in that thing.

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
kinda ot but does WRX uses TD04 13G?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Most stock WRXs only trap 94mph. Sorry but that's not that fast. And even a stock 3si will raped it from a roll. From a stop if they both launch well the WRX might put up a good fight, speaslly for a 5psd 3si, but that's about it. But their small turbos prevent them from pulling very hard past third gear. However a WRX with a turbo upgrade and supporting mods will be preaty strong from a roll.

As for 0-60 times, one of my biggest goals was to reach 0-60 in the three second range. I wasn't able to do so untill I reach a 1/4 of 12.2 and traps of 110 to 112mph. My fastest 0-60 is 3.6 in my 11second run. Takes quite a bit to get there and some preaty crazy AWD launches.

I can't belive how some of the people are being here. Saying they never seen a fast 4 cylinder and that they never seen a DSM do 0-60 in the three second range. Gees.. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts