Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when the board is starting to heat up about s2ks, I get my first race with one. I was at a gas station filling up, and directly in front of my pump was a yellow s2k. I couldn't find the owner, so I figured I wouldn't get to ask for a race. I went and padi for my gas, and when I came out, he was there, looking at my car. I know I'm gonna get grilled for this, but I was surprised he was looking at my car, being that his is so much better looking. Anyway, we chat for a sec, I ask if he wants to run, he says YES!

We go out to the highway, enroute to a more desolate area, playing cat and mouse the whole time. Hard to tell who was really pulling who, he can drop a gear into high rpms and explode away, even at high speeds, so can I.

So we get to our spot, go from a stop, I drop at 4000, kill him by about 4-5 lengths by 110. Next race, similar, he does better, I launched worse, still got him by about 2-3. We say good job, go hit the highway, race from 65, I started in third, don't know wherehe was, but it doesn't really matter, cause I destroyed him. For anyone who is still wondering what car is dominant here, go out and race one, you'll find out soon enough!

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
nice kill 3kluv. Its always great to see 3/S beating up on hondas so called super cars. Anyway i'm suprised he didn't do better on the highway. You say you destroyed him...how many car lengths?? I only ask cuz they are supposed to be real quick at highway speeds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Honda S2000

heh, i saw one of those things on the freeway and some young girl was driving one. the witch saw me through her rear view mirror and glared at me like some mean b**** and she sped off like she didn't want me looking at her stupid Honduh S2000. something i never understood, why do people THINK they have a bad ass car and then they don't want people looking at it. so they don't wanna be seeing in their "precious" car? all Honduhs suck by the way. 3kluv, great kill! :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't really tell which gear he started in on the highway being that he pulled for a sec right off the bat. That pull would make me think he was in second cause the car has no low end, but 65 in second? Anyway, one interesting thing about the whole race was that I could easily tell when he was changing gears. He would fall behind, then gain fast (back to where he was), and then fall back again as he shifted gears. Anyone know the gears on that car? How fast can it go per gear? It was a fun race, and btw, on the highway I had about 2-3 lengths on him.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
I agree with slow_vr4........the cars are nice. And they can move a lil bit.........but it's all these dumb ricers who try and sport 'em out and end up making them tacky that gives Honda and Accura a bad name. Hell, I personally don't think to badly of the S2000....my friend has one, and it's very nice. I haven't gotten the chance to ride in it or race him..........yet ;)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree, S2000s are beautiful cars, very easy on the eyes. The technology is amazing. And again, I agree that the car can't possibly be for drag racing. I'd like to see how the 3k's AWS compares to the S2000 type-V style steering. Yeah, I got nothin but love for s2000's, even though they ARE a honda. Oh well.

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
I dont get all worked up over those little wind up toys. I think the M Roadster is a much nicer ride and that V6 sounds so much better then that little 4 banger screaming to get the any real horsepower.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do have a so called "wind up toy" S2k, and well some of you here just not that knowlegable on this subjuct or just immature. I wanted a VR4 before I got this car...found out a lot about it, but I don't go stating things I don't know about your car...because it's just that, your car, you know how it performs the best. I will tell you one thing though, the guy you were racing probably had bad driving ablity or no idea how to change gears...are cars are very much on par on the highway....from a stop it's a whole new ball game(you will win if you know anything about driving). And yes I dislike the ricer fart cans too...but, I've seen a few 3000's out there like this also...so don't point fingers too quick. O fyi.........

1st 38mph
2nd 62mph
3rd 90mph
4th 120mph
5th 150mph
6th don't know yet
;)

·
3si member #294
3,397 Posts
evf2000 said:
I do have a so called "wind up toy" S2k, and well some of you here just not that knowlegable on this subjuct or just immature. I wanted a VR4 before I got this car...found out a lot about it, but I don't go stating things I don't know about your car...because it's just that, your car, you know how it performs the best. I will tell you one thing though, the guy you were racing probably had bad driving ablity or no idea how to change gears...are cars are very much on par on the highway....from a stop it's a whole new ball game(you will win if you know anything about driving). And yes I dislike the ricer fart cans too...but, I've seen a few 3000's out there like this also...so don't point fingers too quick. O fyi.........

1st 38mph
2nd 62mph
3rd 90mph
4th 120mph
5th 150mph
6th don't know yet
;)
And the truth comes out.... 9 months later:D

·
Ultimate Senior Member
889 Posts
This guy just comes on the board and searches for s2000 post. My uncle about bought one brand new but when he test drove it he said the interior noises were soooo damn loud. But he said it was a fast car. S2000 is a great car but no competition for a vr4. I personally like the vr4's look better then the s2000s.
Now my uncle is looking foward to get a Lexus sc 430 with the navigation system and the run flats. It was an AMAZING ride. I think he also might get a Porche Boxter S. He the manger of a local Fizer company so his house is paid for. Damn lucky if you asked me. He dont have to pay for shit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
good kill:bigok:

now i dont see why some of u guys hate hondas soo much. ya, a civic tried to race you you or hurt your eyes with those hideus spoilers and tacky decals...but thats the same idiot you find gettin it up the butt by a dog at a party cuz he is drunk off his ass trying to fit in. now for the people that put time and money IN there car NOT ON IT to make it fast NOT LOOK FAST (it could be a civic hatch or an nsx) i give props to them...honda or honduh if u wanna be a dick about it is not a bad company at all...there cars last forever and they have insance technology behind there performance cars...the s2k for example 240hp 2.0l 4banger (120hp per liter...most hp per liter out of any n/a reciprocating engine) thats pretty bad ass...now the nsx is due for some performance upgrading...it was awesome when it came out...but time has caught up to it and honda/acura better hurry the f*uck up.

·
VR-4 eats my money!
1,989 Posts
Its funny that the guy that dissed Honda...Owns One
YogsVR4 Accord EX V6*sigh*

·
I wear a gorilla vest.
4,391 Posts
evf2000 said:
And yes I dislike the ricer fart cans too...but, I've seen a few 3000's out there like this also...so don't point fingers too quick. O fyi.........
Doesn't an exhaust just kind of exxagerate(SP?) the engine sound? What I mean is, a V8 sounds good, better with exhaust, 4 cyldinders with exhaust often sound like shit...I put what may be seen as a "ricer" exhaust on my car, but it sounds awesome, deep, not ricey...Any thoughts on this?

-Remy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i would count a ricer exhaust as a "tip". no piping, just muffler, maybe not even that, just a tip.

id also count one as loud and obnoxiously high pitched, kind of like a bee hive got stuck in there... and believe me some of those exhausts could fit one in there.

·
I Want Twin Turbos Too!
1,600 Posts
I consider it a "rice" exhaust whenever the exiting hole is much larger than any of the piping on the rest of the car. There is no point in having a 5-inch exhaust if it is mated to a 1.5-inch pipe.

Also, if you have a muffler like piece that is the size of my left thigh, then that looks ricey too because it usually accompanies those 5-inch fart cans.

If all you want is sound, weld a tuba under your car and mate it up to the downpipe.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
FASST LN said:

If all you want is sound, weld a tuba under your car and mate it up to the downpipe.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING MAN!!! You know some kid is reading this right now and cant wait to get to welding you lastest mod idea. next thing you know we have an entire band on our nations roadways

1 - 20 of 56 Posts