Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
In God We Trust
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a crossroads. I have to find either the honeycomb inserts that lie within the MAS or buy a replacement MAS altogether. You see, I took out the honeycomb inserts 6 months ago when applying my K&N filter. Since then I have had idling and stalling-out problems. I put the honeycomb inserts in a box...but have recently moved and as a result, can't find them.

My question:

Should I just replace the MAS (price from a local junkyard=$100.00 or from the factory=$400.00) or spend a little more money and upgrade the fuel injectors to 360 cc, replace the MAS with a VPC and control the fuel/air ratio with an S-AFC? I have a 95' 3000gt (base). What are the benefits and/or risks involved with this modification? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
first you cant put those 360cc in like jeff lucius has been talking.

just get the mas from a junk yard...

·
In God We Trust
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the stock MAS adust to the TT 360 cc injectors? Or, will it run to rich? I don't know.

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
BIGKASH said:
first you cant put those 360cc in like jeff lucius has been talking.

So its official huh? NA's can't run tt 360's? Hans and others have been doing for others for a whiole now some have even had them in for around 8-12 months with absolutely no problems.

Let me know how you feel about this and or what you have heard differently please:)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
you cannot just drop tt injectors in an na...

http://www.twminduction.com/EFI/EFIInjectors.html

"Injector resistance is an important consideration when matching ECUs to injectors. Injectors are manufactured as low resistance or high resistance. Low resistance injectors typically measure in the 2 to 5 ohm range, high resistance being 12 to 16 ohms. It is important to match injectors with the injector drivers in the ECU being used. Generally speaking, original equipment ECUs are equipped with saturated drivers which drive high resistance injectors. Aftermarket ECUs are equipped with drivers for peak and hold injectors which are low resistance. Some aftermarket ECUs will drive both types of injector: It should be mentioned, however that injectors for saturated drivers do have a slower response time than those for peak and hold. Most peak and hold drivers will drive both high and low resistance injectors but, under no circumstances, should peak and hold injectors be driven with saturated drivers. "

It can be done however i just not sure how:
this is a post by me to a DAVEH he drive a 10 sec na t supra

http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11203&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

·
og
4,293 Posts
vfib,

i would recommend either requesting a mas on here, i've seen em go for $50-$100 or get one from your local yard. the vpc is heinously expensive and you really won't see a gain large enough to warrant it from my research. the ONLY point in doing a fuel system set-up is if you are planning some type of forced induction... or if you have cash to just throw at the car :D just my 2c.

regarding the injectors, hans n i have been talking about this problem in case we need to swap injectors for the greater fuel requirement of the supercharger. we are looking at putting some resistors in line in order to handle the low/high resistance discrepancy. people have been running the tt injectors with no evident problems for the past 8 months or so but time will tell there i would imagine. the stock mas will not adjust to the tt injectors, it will not run rich either. it will feed them the same fuel as it would to the stock 220cc injectors per the fuel map in the ecu.

well hope this info helps, i will keep posting as the issue moves along. safe travels everybody.

- mike

·
Registered
856 Posts
I thought fuel was calculated based on mas, and the ecu only uses fuel maps at WOT? Am I missing something or just completely off?

.jon

·
og
4,293 Posts
jon, you are right: the ecu only picks a fuel map and goes with it a wot, prior to that, it bases fuel on feedback from the mas. sorry for the confusion, the point i was making was that the mas will transmit the same amount of data to the ecu regardless of the injectors and it will still go with a stock fuel map at wot regradless of injectors so under no circumstances will it "adjust" to larger injectors without some outside input. thanks for pointing that out, safe travels man!

- mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts