Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TEXAS TWN-TBO
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pics of their VPC install???
Or how about this, what happens to the space where the old MAS is/was?? Does something replace it?? I'm really clueless over this...

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
You can leave the MAS there and just use it as the "adaptor" to attach the airfilter to the intake hoses; or you could gut the MAS out to reduce the restriction to airflow; or you could get a round or oval tube to replace it and mount your airfilter to (can use a longer=larger one without MAS). Just don't hook its wiring harness up.
JT

·
You break em, we fix em
1,266 Posts
Get rid of the MAS, get a short length of 3" PVC pipe then you can run a huge round longer K&N filter. I believe Boricua here on the board had the part number.

I put the VPC head unit in the center console, the factory was kind enough to set it up for you there is just the right size space towards the front, and a hole with a small removable cover for the wires, right up the console to the ECU.

Go to Bob Fontana's VPC install site I can't remember the link but you can search fo it or find it through Jeff Lucious' site. He goes into the vacuum line and other install tips that worked great for me.

·
TEXAS TWN-TBO
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok

So you just ditch the whole thing altogether. So what happens to the little harness that plugs into the MAS, just tuck it away somewhere...
Thanks for the info...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts