Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. So my 1991 Dodge Stealth RT TT arrived earlier in the week, and I am finnaly getting to tinker with it. I have put it up on my quickjacks and just wanted to change the oil. I ran it up on the jacks for about 10 minutes to warm up the oil, then drained it. I noticed however after running it for 10 minutes this warning sticker

Did I just make a very big (and costly?) mistake ... or is this more of a "you could hurt yourself" type of warning. Hoping its the later and not the first.. Thanks

17,436 Posts
If all 4 wheels are in the air its OK to run.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,728 Posts
Never start the engine? That's a new one on me...

Confused....

Bob.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @Chris @ Rvenge Performance for the information. It was funny I actually checked to make sure that it was OK to run a car on the Quickjacks, but I never thought to check and see if it was ok for the CAR to be run up in the air. I guess that makes sense though, as long as all 4 wheels can spin freely there is not much chance to do damage to the coupling. Is it OK to turn the wheels independently (like when working on breaks) and to engage the transmission while it is suspended... I am guessing it is by your comments, but just want to be doubly sure. Thanks again!

17,436 Posts
Yeah they went overkill on the message you just do not want to run it in gear with like 2 wheels off the ground.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think the point of this isn't so much about damage to the differential as the risk of having the car start moving and fall of the support. If you rotate the wheel thats in the air, there will be rotational force going to the other wheel which could theoretically get the car moving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts