Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
white bread
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this in Florida this weekend... What's with these viper owners feeling the need to airbrush their car? Remember that one on Ebay a while back that had a dolphin scene and flames painted on it for $150,000??

There were also mini-viper heads painted on both sides behind the front wheels.

I won't even comment on the spoiler...

-Jason

·
2,994 Posts
to each his own. I guess he wanted his to stand out from the others, I bet it does. He was right, would you have taken the piture other wise or written a thread bout it if it wasn't done like that?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I personally don't think there's anything wrong with a spoiler that big on a car that can go 200MPH... obviously it has a purpose unlike the big things people put on civics that can't even get up to 80 on the freeway ;)

·
Native
3,894 Posts
I think that looks pretty cool. The spoiler is not much different from the Venom650R.

·
W3Si member #010
1,765 Posts
I think its unique. I dont see a problem with the airbrushing or the wing.

·
442 Posts
I see a problem with it, its about as queer as a three dollar bill

·
white bread
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I guess I'm just wierd.... I always thought a Viper stands out enough by itself though.

So let me just get my thoughts together here. If someone buys a $15,000 civic and paints it and adds a big spoiler everyone laughs and calls it rice. But if a $70,000 viper does it it is ok. Am I correct?

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
i like the airbrushed cobra on the hood, but i think the wing is a bit excessive - if the owner put it there for functionality, then it can stay, but if the owner put it there because it "looked cool," then it has to go.

and as for the placing of huge wings on civics: civics normally do not get up to a high enough speed for the monstrous wings to be effective - so they're just for looks. the viper could very well use the downforce from the wing.

Matt

·
white bread
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
valheru said:
and as for the placing of huge wings on civics: civics normally do not get up to a high enough speed for the monstrous wings to be effective - so they're just for looks. the viper could very well use the downforce from the wing.
I agree with you there, but just because a car CAN go 200mph doesn't mean that it WILL. I don't think the owner bought the wing thinking "This will give me that added traction and stability I need when I hit 200mph on my way to the beach." And if you would have seen the owner, I think you'd agree with me that one.

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
oh, i'm sure you're right, and as i said above what you quoted, if he put it on there solely for looks - then it's rice or gay or ugly or whatever the hell you want to call it. but if he races - and uses the damn thing, then it's cool - but you're probably right and he probably put it on there becasue he has a small penis.
Matt

·
Registered
856 Posts
Liu Kang said:
to each his own. I guess he wanted his to stand out from the others, I bet it does. He was right, would you have taken the piture other wise or written a thread bout it if it wasn't done like that?
...because its hideous! Dude, you could go walk around wearing a pink dress, sure, it gets a lot of comments, but what kind of comments?

.jon

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
valheru said:
i like the airbrushed cobra on the hood,
Uh, I believe that is a VIPER on the hood. I believe he pick a viper to paint on his hood because he has a.....viper. ;) :p :p :p :p

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
a cobra is a viper - a viper is a class of snakes and, if i remember high school biology well enough, a cobra is part of that class.

though, it seems that you are right, and that it is not a cobra - from a glance it appeared that there is a hood behind the head, but that is just the body curling around in the background.

Matt

·
Native
3,894 Posts
The dodge company emplem though looks like a Pit Viper or a Copper Head though. I think it's a CopperHead.

·
Registered
402 Posts
flyers1470 said:
What's with these viper owners feeling the need to airbrush their car?
"Why?"

When I ask my buddy that same question..."WHY?" When I'm asking why he has a commercial-size UPS that can run a multitude of servers for an hour in his house.....when I'm asking him why he has an Uzi and an AR-15.....when I'm asking him why he wants to spend $15,000 on a single mono-block home amp.....

I allways get the same response.....

"Because I can...." :D

·
SOHC MONSTER
225 Posts
that car would be nice it the rims were changed and get rid of the supra syyle wing, it's a viper don't make it look like a old honda prelude

1 - 19 of 19 Posts