Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Blingin' Board User
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DISCLAIMER: Okay, I'm no fool... and I'm well aware that a stocked SL and viper aren't a match, but I was with a friend, and decided to just have some late night fun. So please hold onto your flaming before calling me an idiot for even doing this

It's a little after 1 o clock in the morning if memory serves me correct, and I'm driving down a main street in my town, that also runs through a few other towns. I'm just driving looking for someone to toy with. We get to the next town over, and I see a shiny red.. VERY low to the ground car driving in the lane next to me very far up ahead. So far, I can't tell it's an rt10 yet. The street is a 35 mind you, and now i'm moving around 50 to try to catch up.... and I successfully do. Now even with the viper at the red light, I look over and he looks back. I'm trying to get this guy to show me some sign of life that maybe he wants to go at it (knowing I was just going to embarrass myself :) ). Finally light turns green and nothing.

We're both driving for a few feet, and I say to myself.. "fuck this.. i'm gonna make him seem like the pussy." I give my little red car all its power, and I take off. Maybe about 4 seconds later.. I hear this indy car noise.. and this dood comes out behind me like a bat from hell. Literally made my car look like it was rolling at an idle. :(

I look over at my friend and we both kind of laugh about it.. but inside I was hurt (even though I kind of expected what would happen).

So.. point is.. vipers are fast. A LOT faster than NA's.. but i guess that's something everyone kinda knows. I had fun just watching it fly like a plane. Oh well.. maybe one day I'll have a 2003 gtsr myself and fuck around w/ obnoxious 17 year olds. :eek:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I raced a viper to in my SL. What a joke that was. I did it for the fun of it. I wanted to see just how fast they were. If you get a chance, race a 2002 911 Turbo, that was a good laugh too :D

·
Registered
856 Posts
I actually chased down a viper to race it once. I tried to run down a coutach one day, but traffic was just too much.

See, if i can race a supercar, then I can say things like "yeah, i've raced vipers before, they aren't that impressive" etc. See how it sounds like I'm in the same category as them? You just have to leave off the part about getting your ass handed to you.

Come on - girls are idiots :)

.jon

·
Registered
168 Posts
Heh

Well don't feel stupid, I've done the same thing with my '95 base. I saw a black RT10 at a light, so of course I changed my mind about turning off the road and stayed with him. It was just good to see what those cars can do :).

·
og
4,293 Posts
mitsu3kgtsl, i know what you're saying, it fun to even see 'em in action.

94 stealth r/t (me):

viper gts acr (him):
12.1, his first run in the car :D

they are fast, amazing... jon, i hope you were just talking as if to the girl when saying they aren't that impressive ;) paige said it looked like i was out for a sunday drive going down the track :D

shawn, i would love that race, it's cool he ran you, or ran away from you :D wonder how a tt would do there?

- mike

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
I raced a Viper 700 Venom. Not very pretty...;) ....well....actually.....I loved it. His exhaust sounded very very loud and nice as hell when he passed me :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
haha, viper venom 700 versus a SOHC stealth. LOL I wonder what the outcome was. Oh well i'd try and run with any viper i came along with too. Awesome cars, just seeing them on the streets is cool in my mind. Especially when its not an old fuck that doesn't even want to go over the speed limit.

·
Blingin' Board User
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
picked them up at a local autozone. Philips Cool Blue is the ones your looking for. Part number is like H6666 or seomthing like that. It looks nice, its more white than blue, but as soon as funds allow, I'm going to do an H4 conversion for the headlights.. it looks a lot nicer from what I understand.

·
Back from the dead..
199 Posts
Yea i raced a ws6 one time not realizing it was heavily modified. Friend of a friend i know now. He had like 450 at the crank. Sick car, some bitch pulled in front of him one day and he smached right into her totaling his car. He has a new one now, dam rich ppl:mad: . O btw nice ticket mitsu, but mine was faster:p 105 , got 60 day suspension 2 pts and 300 fine, egg harber twp., dont go down there :(

·
napalm death
1,545 Posts
hey mitsu shouldnt you have a violation under your things to come?:p

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
hehe sounds the opposite of what happened to me a few nights back. Some guy in a new 911 Carrera was next to me at the light, neither of us revved, I didnt even look at him. Then off the light, he burns rubber and shoots to the next red. I idle off. Next red, does the same thing, I idle off. 3rd red, SAME THING, and I kill the car :D just got a new clutch in, wasnt used to it yet. It was damn funny. At the 4th red, he looked over at me frustratedly :p

I think he thought I was a VR4. Hey, at least my car looks really fast.

·
Blingin' Board User
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea, maybe there should be a violotion under thigns to come :) wut can i say, i'm an idiot. I worked hard for the car, may as well enjoy the thing. Probation ends in February.. february 23rd i believe.. so big party in northern NJ that day :) everyone should come. :)

and yes.. NA's are silly, i can vouched for that =)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Damn . . . when am I gonna get the chance to have my ass handed to me by a RT10 or Porsche 911 ? There are so many Porsches in my area and none of them want to race. Except for one Carera but he couldn't shift to save his own life and ended up losing to me . . . how pathetic. Funny . . . but pathetic. Damn uppety , spoiled , snotty . . . . anyways. I spotted a black RT 10 a few towns over about a week ago in Westwood BLAAAAAAA DRUELLLLLL , I swear I must have followed the guy around for 15 minutes. GOOOOOOOOOD Damnnnn. Couldn't race or anything because the entire area was small local streets. Eventually I came out of hypnosis and continued on with my erands. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
That would be a great race . . . See if you can get someone to record the race on tape or digital camcorder or something. I'd definitely like to see that :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts