Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Show me your twins
1,298 Posts
Lot of things I didn't expect to see in there. Gonna have to hunt me down some GTO seat doilies now lmao.

The stuff you have laying around is pretty cool too but quite small in comparison to everything on your actual car, that's quite the list man!
I'd go back to stock seats if i ever found those lmao jk....kinda

Thanks! Couldn't fit all of it but I'll probably take some pics and go into detail.

I also have a Pit Road M, Bomex, Bozz Speed, and Aerocraft Kaze catalogs that I can scan and post.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'd go back to stock seats if i ever found those lmao jk....kinda

Thanks! Couldn't fit all of it but I'll probably take some pics and go into detail.

I also have a Pit Road M, Bomex, Bozz Speed, and Aerocraft Kaze catalogs that I can scan and post.
That’s great, looking forward to seeing all that when you get around to it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I was off of work today and we got about a foot and a half of snow in Buffalo so thought it might be a good time for another post! Now we can look into some parts and options from the GTO MR.

As far as I know, most MRs were just a normal turbo GTO with the ECS, active aero, active exhaust and 4WS removed. Along with this they had no sunroof and came with BBS wheels that were 17x7.5. I am not sure if the gearing was shorter in these cars standard or if all JDM gearing was shorter than US spec, someone can correct me on that.

What I do know is that they offered two really desirable options that most did not choose to equip.

The first is the AP Racing 6 piston upgrade. I am not sure of the dimensional specs but the caliper sure looks way larger and the rotor as well. This old best motoring video I stumbled upon a few months back shows the resistance in brake fade after repeated stops to be pretty substantial. They start talking about the brakes at about 2:45
Best MOTORing 1994 11 GTO MR登場!, Fastest JDM production car battle - YouTube

I haven't seen a set of these come up for sale ever and I can't imagine access to the appropriate pads, rotors, or a rebuild kit would be easy either but it seems like a cool kit. I have heard of a pretty similar Stillen AP kit that was made in the early 2000s also. Oddly enough a car built local to me has them

The other option which may be even more desirable is the B3H Hybrid Diff

This one popped up last year on the FB groups and was gone within hours even despite the price. I have heard this is really the ultimate rear diff option as it requires little service and offers the performance of other options without the excessive noise.

Any other information on these or GTO/MR specific bits I've missed?

·
SDSU Alumnus
4,511 Posts
Haha I had one of the few rare hybrid diffs here for a little while until it was hauled away for storage (until a later install time). The F+R AP's were in the little cubby to the right of this.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

Reactions: mdcrose

·
SDSU Alumnus
4,511 Posts
Damn you've got all the fun stuff. So there's AP brakes for the rear also?
Yes and yes... 4-piston rear as shown on the left of this meme that I made:

·
Show me your twins
1,298 Posts
Yes and yes... 4-piston rear as shown on the left of this meme that I made:

WTH when did you get those!??? lol

Edit: Nvm from Vitali lol

• Haha
Reactions: bboyalan

·
Show me your twins
1,298 Posts
MR Gearing is a bit different. For a time the titanium shift knob was a MR option only. Also there's MR brake ducts but im not sure if that was included with the BBK, was just an option, or came standard on MR models.

·
SDSU Alumnus
4,511 Posts
MR Gearing is a bit different. For a time the titanium shift knob was a MR option only. Also there's MR brake ducts but im not sure if that was included with the BBK, was just an option, or came standard on MR models.
Haha funny you mention that. My new, OEM control arms from Japan had the two brackets/bosses seen on those MR's, so that is why I took the opportunity to add my own larger-than-factory-option brake ducts/air deflectors (dang... almost three years ago)

Otherwise, you have to drill and add your own mounting provisions.

• Wow
Reactions: bluee3000gt

·
Administrator
21,685 Posts
Haha I had one of the few rare hybrid diffs here for a little while until it was hauled away for storage (until a later install time). The F+R AP's were in the little cubby to the right of this.
Why does the fancy diff have an AWS pump hole if it was just on the MR? I've never even heard of it.

Annoying because it shows Mitsu KNEW they could make the car better and didn't! Ugh!

·
SDSU Alumnus
4,511 Posts
Why does the fancy diff have an AWS pump hole if it was just on the MR? I've never even heard of it.

Annoying because it shows Mitsu KNEW they could make the car better and didn't! Ugh!
Hahaha just typical things, right...? I mean... ALL TT's probably should have come with MHI 13G's, Denso Supra FP, and Denso DSM 450cc's, at a minimum 🤔🥴🙃 lmao 🤣 Gentlemen's agreement? Lower boost or WG 😜

PS: IDK if the actual housing/guts were swapped, but the diff teardown and overhaul pictures were shared. The stamp was also intact. I have not seen another for comparison.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ahh yes forgot to mention the brake deflectors and the knob.

I feel like I’ve heard someone else mention that another hybrid diff housing still had the AWS pump hole, maybe it was in the comment section of that FS post. I can’t find it now, that was an old screenshot

·
Registered
125 Posts
My understanding that the hybrid rear was an option on many 3s cars, but the cost was over $4,000 USD, so it was rare. Would like to know the code on bboyalan's rear, (the middle # being a 4 or a 3)

·
Premium Member
12,202 Posts
Side note... I heard once that Matt Monet bought the last of the Willwood kits and spare parts that were built. Maybe @SnakeSkinner will chime in on the fitment.
I think I still have a box with a few set's of the hats and brackets somewhere.

The hats I have had a taper machined into the center bore on the back to clear the taper on the hub. I ran the willwoods on my race car that was stopping with only the brakes from 168 mph in the 1/4. I also ran them on one of my personal 95 RT TT's for many years.

·
Show me your twins
1,298 Posts
Haha funny you mention that. My new, OEM control arms from Japan had the two brackets/bosses seen on those MR's, so that is why I took the opportunity to add my own larger-than-factory-option brake ducts/air deflectors (dang... almost three years ago)

Otherwise, you have to drill and add your own mounting provisions.

Wth thats pretty odd lol. Guess you got MR control arms then heh. Yeah might as well since you had the opportunity!

Reactions: bboyalan

·
Show me your twins
1,298 Posts
Aerocraft Kaze catalog. If i had to guess this is probably from 2002. Note: Ive omitted the non GTO related pages.

·
Show me your twins
1,298 Posts
Good god, only a few pages but still so many things to take in from that. That was a much more creative era of visual modifications 😂
"The good ol' days" lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
After a bit of a hiatus I figure it's about time to talk about the elephant in the room when it comes to 90s JDM stuff, and that would be HKS of course. From what I've seen there was a pretty good variety of modifications they offered early on but by the early 2000s a lot of it went away. Maybe I watch too many tommyfyeah GTR restorations on YT but I find their stuff pretty cool.

Starting with the more "common" items there's the dual and quad tip exhausts that I've seen on a few cars over the years along with the dual mushroom intake. Personally I'd take the intake for the looks if the stupid filters didn't have to be replaced every 6 months to a year. The single exit exhaust seems more rare though, I believe from some old forum posts that this is the Super Drager (not dragger, apparently)??

There is also this which allegedly is a speed density intake setup although I don't exactly understand how this would work just from looking at it. Both the exhausts and the speed density setup were posted by Hans on FB last year.

This ancient article from 93 that I found on stealth 316 gives us a few more parts that they also offered in the early days. Mainly you can make out a MAFless intake setup which would have to have longer piping then the one mentioned before just looking at the dimensions. I would also like to know how they would have run without a MAF back in 93. As silly as it sounds though the gem in here to me would have to be that HKS Power plug cover. I know the same cover was made for SRs, 4Gs and RBs but this is the only evidence I have that it was made for a 6G. If anyone happens to come across one please point me in that direction cause I'm in need of the bling factor lol.

Something that doesn't seem to be vintage HKS that I stumbled upon the other day is the BBK on this GTO. This kit is still offered new, but not for our chassis. Not sure if it was discontinued or someone did some work to make EVO parts fit but it is interesting nonetheless.

There may be a few more 3S specific HKS bits that were offered but to know for sure it would be cool to get a copy of some of the old HKS goods master catalogues from the 90s. If there's a part I missed or if you have insight, as always feel free to discuss.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts