Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Venom Questions

1K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  new300gtowner 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed the venom 400 module, or the nitrous vcn-2000 system. If so how are they

#2 ·
I was just trying to find info about there new VCN1000 controler today. They have the worst cus.. service I have ever seen. Ive tried to get info from them about there injector's, nitrous systems, and computers for three months with no luck. I cant even find a online store for their parts. If anyone can get info I would like to know as well.

Heres a link to there site

Venom

:rolleyes:

#3 ·
Well from what I hear and have read on the board, the Venom 400 is absolutely pointless but the Venom 2000 is some great power man. ;) ..... so you should look into the Venom 2000 more indept but dont waste your money on the Venom 400 except if you can get it for a really low price. HEHE :D

#5 ·
i think the venom is great in my auto , it shifts alot faster and the car pulls hard in the low rpm range. the only problem is that you can't drive around with it on all of the time , if you press a little too hard on the gas it down shifts . it doesn't feel like it's good for the tranny

#6 ·
That is what I thought. It makes your car extreamly rev happy. HEHE:D ...Im saving up for it as well. ;)

#8 ·
jon3k said:
I really wish someone would dyno their car before and after. I'm not even sure how everyone "knows" its worthless.

.jon
After doing a search, i came across a response from the company. Basically, it just fools the computer into thinkin you're at a higher throttle. So, if you're at 75%, it tells the computer you're at 100% or whatever. I can see how the auto owners would think it made a big difference, as it would cause the computer to drop to a lower gear much quicker.

It does sound like bullshit to me, check out this thread:
http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52360

"Venom 400 pick up inputs from the throttle position sensor and air mass sensor and changes the inputs to the computer, resulting in increases in both horse power and torque, and a reduction in gas mileage. Dyno results have shown up to 25% increase in some Honda engines, but typically 10-20% in most cases. It operates only in the mid-range- John "

.jon

#12 ·
Drk_KaotX said:
Sooooo since i have a 92 N/A automatic..the venom 400 would do nicely for my car since it makes it rev quicker and shift faster?
Yeah it is a great way to help out your launches. A friend has it on his Probe GT and that puppy feels good as it shifts from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Nice pump that it gives.;)

#13 ·
Rev faster and shift quicker?????? I don't think that's a good idea unless you upgrade your Auto Tranny with a shift kit. I can only see this mod putting more strain on your already stressed out auto tranny. All of the people with the Auto tranny should save up their money and stop putting useless mods on their already useless auto trans and save up for a manual. This is the only way we are ever going to see a power increase. It all about how much power is transferred to the wheels, so the little pointless mods we do are really aren't doing shit because our Auto tranny's suck, they really do. I hate mine, slow as ass. I can't wait until it goes. Why did I buy it????? Because it was the only 3000gt that was Metalic blue in my area.

#14 ·
I am in the middle of a vcn2000 install on my 97 sl.
I had a couple of questions so I called there tech number. It was answered immediatly . They put the tech guy on the phone and he answered my ?? right away. Just my experiance with the company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.