Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

hey well looking forward to buying the VENOM 400 control module

Its like a chip for a car, which there arent any for our cars as I have been informed.. And the neat stuff is that it can be turned of for emission controls or any other risson, by a swith it has right on it.

Some guey in another thread called " CHIPS" made by me Viviano V told me it didn´t work.. I emailed the company from their web page

http://www.fuelparts.com/venom.htm

email: [email protected]

asking them what exactly mechanically did the venom 400 do, because there were rumors that it didn´t work at all.. I was very skeptical. this is what I got back:

EMAIL:

Venom 400 pick up inputs from the throttle position sensor and air mass sensor and changes the inputs to the computer, resulting in increases in both horse power and torque, and a reduction in gas mileage. Dyno results have shown up to 25% increase in some Honda engines, but typically 10-20% in most cases. It operates only in the mid-range- John

What do you guys, think is this BULL?? or real thing.

What does this guy mean by it only works in mid-range ???

Thanks apreciate your comments

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
buy a used SAFC and actualy tune your engine instead of fooling it into believing youre at 100% throttle when in actuality youre at 50%.
that is what i call stupid.
trust me, youll thank me later

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Well..the way I see it as it is the more expensive modification to the Probe's IAT mod. It tricks the computer into thinking you are recieving cold air it shifts faster through 1st and 2nd gear also makes your red line quicker. After that it will not do anything for you. It also makes your car extremely Rev happy and quick to downshift.

In my opinion it is a great mod off the line and will increase performance by about 0.2 - 0.5 of a second as indicated by Probe owners. It is worth it. My .2 cents.;)

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
Yup

Venom 400 is a piece of fake shit ~ about as effective as the ultra-sonic spark plugs...

If you really want a performance jump, get the Venom 2000 ;) (180 shot of computer controlled no2)!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts