Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I can vouch for steve the new 3SX plates look AWESOME. Only plate out there that I know of with holes in it, helps let moisture out and keep your 150 dollar plug wires from getting cooked in there. Once again, great job steve...

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
o o, I want thw Twin Turbo one & The 3SX one.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I hope Steve will come out and say that the holes in his plates are only for appearance and are not needed for moisture dispensation. This appears to be a scare tactic to sell parts.

You don't need holes in your spark plug plate to keep dirt out or your wires dry, why or how would the holes help, seem to me holes would let dirt and moisture in. Anyone take off you spark plug cover and look, there is no dirt under it nor moisture.

This appear to be bad business practice, scare tactics to sell parts and shouldn't be supported by Steve.

It real bad when it comes to trying to scare folks to buy parts Steve has a very good line of parts and is a great guy to do business with and doesn't need to scare anyone to have them buy from him.

·
McStealthless
1,456 Posts
Huh??

I must've missed the part where Steve was trying to "scare" people. I mean... he's a scary guy and all, but the quality of these covers really speak for themselves. I got a chance to check them out in Daytona and they are REALLY nice.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
what kind off shit your smoking dave ??

dude that cover looks good...good job steve. looks alot better than powercoated stuff:D

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Dave, I don't think Steve is trying to scare anyone. I don't even think Steve was saying that his plate has holes in it for any other reason besides appearances. Looks like VR-4_Owner was just saying things that were his own opinions..

·
Fo Shizzle
2,410 Posts
smoking crack???

the people smoking crack are the ones that think the "3000gt" plate looks good...

look at the damn 3 and G... does that look right??? NO

I cant believe that this letter design has been overlooked for that long.

Im not knocking on 3sx, just the original design for that plate that sooooo many people have opted to adopt and keep.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
DUH, read all the post guys I said Steve shouldn't support what VR-4_Owner said:

"Only plate out there that I know of with holes in it, helps let moisture out and keep your 150 dollar plug wires from getting cooked in there"

I DID NOT SAY STEVE SAID THIS!!!!. All I said is that he should not support it and if he does it would then appear he trying to scare people in to buying his parts and he doesn't have to do that. Who is the one on crack here?

Please read all the posts and not read something that isn't there.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
You see what I mean, look at g8rbob comment. No there is NO proof that the plates with the holes in then effect wire life one way of the other.

And I am not even going to comment on BIGKASH comment directly; other than to say: I did not attack Steve products other than to say that he should say the holes are for looks not that they will have hair grow on your head or you'll have a better sex life for buy them or they give you longer plug wire life.

But yes it's true I do have a stake in dispelling any misconception because I do sell polished and powder coated plates and if a totally misconception is generated by this then it will indeed effect me. So I do have a stake in dispelling it before someone does believe it. If the plates needed holes Mitsubishi would have put them in the plastic plates, look at all the Supra, Eclipses and others with a solid plate across the plug wires.

If you noticed I did not advertise my plates here or even mention my price for my polished and powder coated plates, my last GTO plate sold on ebay for over $150, I guess BIGKASH did see that one.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Obviously heat and moisture are not a problem with the stock spark plug covers, or else we'd be seeing more problems associated with it. Since I'm sure NOONE has ever had to get an aftermarket cover just because his wires were overheating, then I'd say that this would only affect how you feel the car is running, not how it actually is. I think Dave is right, holes would let moisture in, but I think that the 3Sx plate looks the best!

·
Fo Shizzle
2,410 Posts
wow plug plate needs holes..

maybe I should take my plate over to my local machine shop and have them cross drill my plug plate.. for that matter maybe slotting it and venting it would be good too eh.. I could always route coolant lines to the plate, hollow out the plate and run
coolant to the plate to help dissapate all the heat that is "trapped". Or maybe run another line from the turbo to the underside of the plate to help blow out all that nasty hot air and moisture. I mean cmon.. just last week I had to siphon out a gallon o water that was trapped in that valve cover under the plug cover.

I should really look into a fire extinguisher to put out that impending flame that will originate from underneath my plug cover

whats next.. maybe I should drill holes in my valve cover to help release all that trapped heat in the heads?

cmon.. holes are in the plug plate more for looks than actual functionality.. and if you really wanna get into it.. lets see a test study of how much more efficient a stock vs aftermarket plate is at releasing heat... whoop tee doo

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting replies

Thanks for the kudos everyone :) Hope you will buy some so it can increase your sex drive and put hair on your upper head - LOL

The slots were put on to make the cover more attractive, I feel, than any others out there. Heat disipation was not the thought process behind it, but it couldn't hurt. Solid plug covers will not fry your wires as far as I can tell, they just don't look as nice- IMHO :D
Hope my plug cover has not scared everyone :eek:
Maybe I should work on the liquid cooling lines to go underneath the other peoples inserts as AL3K suggested-LOL :p

As usual, I really appreciate all the support of the 3S community, and will do whatever I can to help any of you. Give me a chance please ;)
Thanks,
Steve
www.3SXPerformance.com

BTW- Dave, I still love you big guy! ;)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Hi Steve,

Feeling is mutual, bud I have never had any problems with you just didn't want folks to panic and think OMG my wires are frying. The aluminum plates may even dissipate heat quicker than the plate ones. See I knew you'd set things straight, that is why when the time comes to buy turbos you are going to be the first I call.

And the next time you hand me those bushing, you have for our cars, I just might have to trade you for my credit card.;)

Oh are you doing anything with a dual feed fuel lines?

And you know with 103000 on my OE clutch I maybe think of you soon.

Question, does RPS make a pressure plate or only a clutch disk? Who do recommend using for a Pressure plate? At that mileage I'll need one of those lightweight flywheels too.

Just planning ahead.

Thanks,

Dave Best

·
Crazy Biscuit
2,464 Posts
I have the new 3SX cover, it looks bad ass, i love it. It looks really good.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Jesus christ people give the guy a break, come to think of it give me a break. You don't think it'll help, fine don't think that, don't think it'll help keep it cool, fine don't think that either, don't think the holes need to be there cause mitsubishi designed it without holes so it should be fine, Fine think that, lord knows theres no way we could improve on any of mitsubishis designs... For your information the nomber one destroyer of spark plug wires is heat. hands down. If they were used in a cooler environment they would last 10X longer thant they do on average.

To be honest I don't care if you like them or not, if you think that they do what I THINK they do or not, but leave steve alone, those were my ideas and my impressions on them take them or leave them. But quit beating the shit out of the subject. You turned the unveiling of a new and innovative product into some fucking controversy.

I'm sorry steve.

I hope you all have a good evening,

·
Fo Shizzle
2,410 Posts
VR-4_Owner said:
Jesus christ people give the guy a break, come to think of it give me a break. You don't think it'll help, fine don't think that, don't think it'll help keep it cool, fine don't think that either, don't think the holes need to be there cause mitsubishi designed it without holes so it should be fine, Fine think that, lord knows theres no way we could improve on any of mitsubishis designs... For your information the nomber one destroyer of spark plug wires is heat. hands down. If they were used in a cooler environment they would last 10X longer thant they do on average.
ok heat destroying/shortening the life of plug wires.. that I agree with

however.... its not like the wires are wrapped around the turbo/headers. With some of the already extreme temps that are present in a running engine with the hood closed, I doubt that even a 5 degree (C) difference in temp would help the wires last any longer than they already do.

yeah there are some improvements to be made with mitsus design.. I dont think the spark plug cover is the number one design flaw on the car.. or anywhere near the top 10.

and btw, 3sx kicks ass.. nice friendly guys to talk shop with

·
Crazy Biscuit
2,464 Posts
PEOPLE, the whole point to this thread is HOW NICE THE COVERS LOOK. It's to say that there are new covers in stock. It's not about if the cover will help your plug wires are not, god damn.

They are nice covers, i bought me one 'cause it looked good, not 'cause it thought maybe it'll help my wires out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts