Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple of buddies and I tried to replace the valve cover gaskets and spark plugs which we were able to do but putting it back together has been a problem. Does anyone have a close up picture of the valve covers and intake manifold bolts all put together? Most of them are labeled either 7 or 4, or have Phillips heads tops. Anything would help.

·
Lovbyts
4,435 Posts
It should be pretty much self explanatory. The intake manifold has 3 short bolts, 2 long and 2 nuts on the ends. Each bolt should stick up about 3/4" before threading them in. The valve cover has 11 (I think) bolts that hold it in place. The valve cover also has 8 bolts that hold the spark plug cover in place.

Attachments

·
SDSU Alumnus
5,129 Posts
I mean... it is mostly M6 versus M8 fasteners lol 🥴

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Lovbyts
4,435 Posts
I mean... it is mostly M6 versus M8 fasteners lol 🥴

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9
It should be obvious what goes where due to the length and size. Small ones go in the valve cover. Larger 3 and 2 longer ones go in the plenum as well as the nut on either end. Dont over think the numbers and just put them where they or get all new ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.