Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so I was wondering what is the value of these cars? Are they worth something or is it just a older car? I bought mine thinking they had some pretty decent value and wanted to fix it up to factory condition to have a nice looking high valued car sitting in my garage but is it worth it or should I just drive and enjoy it?

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
18,341 Posts
It might depend on what model you have.
VR4's/TT's in tip top shape can garnish a fairly nice sum, but like Mike above me said, it's probably just better to drive it.
I have seen very few fairly low mileage, clean examples of our vehicles go for thousands less than similar cars in terms of age (ie Supra, NSX, GTR). [on BAT]
We were supposed to feel that "wave" in value uptick, and it has increased a little, but we apparently missed the BIG KAHUNA.....

Bob.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It might depend on what model you have.
VR4's/TT's in tip top shape can garnish a fairly nice sum, but like Mike above me said, it's probably just better to drive it.
I have seen very few fairly low mileage, clean examples of our vehicles go for thousands less than similar cars in terms of age (ie Supra, NSX, GTR). [on BAT]
We were supposed to feel that "wave" in value uptick, and it has increased a little, but we apparently missed the BIG KAHUNA.....

Bob.
It is just a 94 r/t without the sunroof or digital climate control and she has 236k miles and is very rusty... but if there’s no value I probably won’t restore back to factory condition. I was going to have the underneath ductless blasted re-undercoated and fix the front bumper ( looks like someone ran over a big rock on the left side) and get it painted, rebuild the motor with lower compression pistons and do the tt swap and digital climate control swap but if she isnt gonna be worth much I will just drive the heck outta her like you guys say.

·
BC3S
'95 RT/TT
893 Posts
"r/t 236k miles and is very rusty "
just drive and enjoy it. it'll cost your more in $ and time then to just buy a good condition one; not worth it in my opinion.

·
Lovbyts
4,435 Posts
Ive had my RT TT since 94 and the value was going down until about 4 or 5 years ago and Ive noticed a significant increase the last few years. Personally Im hanging onto it not only to drive but trying to learn from my mistake of selling my 1967 Camaro I had since 1979 and sold it dirt cheap (project car 90% done with all new factory trim and seals) around 1999, 6 months before the price skyrocketed. :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive had my RT TT since 94 and the value was going down until about 4 or 5 years ago and Ive noticed a significant increase the last few years. Personally Im hanging onto it not only to drive but trying to learn from my mistake of selling my 1967 Camaro I had since 1979 and sold it dirt cheap (project car 90% done with all new factory trim and seals) around 1999, 6 months before the price skyrocketed. :(
So maybe one day they will but like Rez604 said maybe I should just find a tt in good condition and spend less instead of putting the work into this one. The cool guy I got this stealth off of has another one that is a 91-92 tt and I told him let me know when he is ready to sell it if I’m financially able I’ll buy it.

·
Lovbyts
4,435 Posts
So maybe one day they will but like Rez604 said maybe I should just find a tt in good condition and spend less instead of putting the work into this one. The cool guy I got this stealth off of has another one that is a 91-92 tt and I told him let me know when he is ready to sell it if I’m financially able I’ll buy it.
If you really want extra HP you want a TT. You will never get close to the same power with a NA and will have all the same inherited bugs IMO. One of the reasons the TT are going up in value is because there are less and less of them because kids get them and under estimate the power and crash them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
With 236k miles on a base honestly not going to be worth putting a lot of time & money into it. Keep your eye out for something with less miles on it if you are going to throw $ at one and just enjoy this one. They are out there. I came across a 96 Spyder SL not long ago with only 12k miles on it. Nice that someone took such good care of it and I have to admit I thought about "preserving it". (It had never seen rain) Then reality set in ...I bought it for right around what I could have purchased a couple year old Honda Civic w/ 80k miles. It's a hell of a lot more fun to drive than a civic and is coming up on 26k miles now. I have owned over a dozen 3k's over the last 20+ years & we have 3 now that we drive. IMHO : More fun to drive them than look at them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With 236k miles on a base honestly not going to be worth putting a lot of time & money into it. Keep your eye out for something with less miles on it if you are going to throw $ at one and just enjoy this one. They are out there. I came across a 96 Spyder SL not long ago with only 12k miles on it. Nice that someone took such good care of it and I have to admit I thought about "preserving it". (It had never seen rain) Then reality set in ...I bought it for right around what I could have purchased a couple year old Honda Civic w/ 80k miles. It's a hell of a lot more fun to drive than a civic and is coming up on 26k miles now. I have owned over a dozen 3k's over the last 20+ years & we have 3 now that we drive. IMHO : More fun to drive them than look at them.
I thought the r/t was mid trim. I hear that I might not do much to it but I do wanna twin turbo swap it regardless with a lsd. That’s just for the fun not the value apparently since it’s not worth anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.